website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2018 Thread

Dragon

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Reigning world and Olympic 20km race walk silver medallist Maria Guadalupe Gonzalez has been provisionally suspended after failing a doping test. 

Wow, that's sad news for Mexican athletics, as she was seen as the leader of Mexico's renaissance in the discipline.

On the other hand, good news is sport comentators will for one forget for once about football and hopefully, do an actual investigation into this matter.

Personally, I can't pronnounce myself on the subject; I'd like to believe this is an error, but whith dopers becoming more and more cynical and unethical, there's a chance she indeed cheated and then, her suspension is well deserved. 

44 minuti fa, mrv86 ha scritto:

Wow, that's sad news for Mexican athletics, as she was seen as the leader of Mexico's renaissance in the discipline.

On the other hand, good news is sport comentators will for one forget for once about football and hopefully, do an actual investigation into this matter.

Personally, I can't pronnounce myself on the subject; I'd like to believe this is an error, but whith dopers becoming more and more cynical and unethical, there's a chance she indeed cheated and then, her suspension is well deserved. 

You know when she was caught?

27 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

You know when she was caught?

16 November, according to athletics integrity unit.

https://www.athleticsintegrity.org/disciplinary-process/provisional-suspensions-in-force

Edited by wumo26

1 ora fa, wumo26 ha scritto:

I guess that 16th November they check the test, maybe it's and old sample (and I hope a bit this, Palmisano was just ahead Guadalupe in Rio 2016 and London 2017..)

Some new information regarding Gonzalez:

*Sample was taken on October 17th by the National Antidoping Committee, as a surprise test asked by WADA.

*Both, Mexican NOC and Athletics Federation were notified of a positive result some days later, tough the information was not made public until November 16th.

*The athlete's defense team is alleging that the positive was due to consumption of tainted meat, as the prohibited substance is known to be used by Mexican ranchers are known to use it to feed their cattle.

Source (in spanish)