website statistics

Water Polo 2018 Discussion Thread

Dunadan

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Which team from the Americas will take part at the upcoming World Cup? There has been a debacle in Brazil about whether our national team will make it or not, but I honestly can't find any new information and I'm confused.

USA

Here the draw for men https://www.fina.org/event/fina-mens-water-polo-world-cup-2018  and women https://www.fina.org/event/fina-womens-water-polo-world-cup-2018

• 3 weeks later...

European U19 Championship

Men's tournament will be held in Minsk, :BLR Belarus from 26th August to 2nd September

Group A: :CRO:SLO:ESP:TUR

Group B: :BLR:GRE:MNE:ROU

Group C: :FRA:GEO:HUN:ITA

Group D: :GBR:NED:RUS:SRB

Women's tournament will be held in Funchai, :POR Portugal from 9th to 16th September

Group A: :BUL:CZE:ITA:ESP

Group B: :GBR:HUN:ISR:SVK

Group C: :FRA:GER:NED:POR

Group D: :GRE:ROU:RUS:TUR

11 ore fa, zob79 ha scritto:

Ha ha, that would be the obvious reason, but do u think a lousy team from Romania can offer him a higher wage than an Italian club?

well, there are no more than 2, maybe 3 Italian teams that can pay "serious" amount of money to their players...

and because Serbia is not in the EU, they can't sign all the non-EU players thay want...there's a strict limit (that's why our team almost always opt for Croatian and Hungarian players rather than MNE or SRB -given that the super-top players from those Countries are always an option also for our teams, of course)...

and about the Romanian team, who knows? I don't know what's goin'on with them, so, I just can't say anything about that...

• 1 month later...

The World Cup gave 4 tickets for the 18th FINA World Championships Gwangju (KOR). Unfortunately, that was not even mentioned in FINA news site, which makes me wonder how FINA expects to raise awareness for the sport and its forthcoming Worlds.

If someone considers reallocation of places, following teams got a ticket after World Cup:

1. Russia

2. Italy (reallocation from Spain)

3. New Zealand (reallocation from Australia)

4. Japan (reallocation from China)

Edited by ATHENS 1896