website statistics

Tennis 2018 Discussion Thread

rybak

7 hours ago, hckosice said:

I never thought I'd say this sentence, but a Slovak guy just won the Kitzbuhel. :p ...pity in the "wrong" sport though :d

Who knows how this motivates Adam or Andreas or whatever brother they can come up with :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

btw apparently (according our medias, so not sure it´s absolutely true :p) Kližan today with his 6th ATP title equaled Ernests Gulbis in the record books for most championship singles match victories without a loss (6 Finals played - 6 wins) in the history of the ATP World Tour.

but we must add also that in the doubles he has a record of 4 finals - 4 wins, at least in something tis guy is 100%  :p

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

btw apparently (according our medias, so not sure it´s absolutely true :p) Kližan today with his 6th ATP title equaled Ernests Gulbis in the record books for most championship singles match victories without a loss (6 Finals played - 6 wins) in the history of the ATP World Tour.

but we must add also that in the doubles he has a record of 4 finals - 4 wins, at least in something tis guy is 100%  :p

That's a pretty odd record.

23 hours ago, hckosice said:

I never thought I'd say this sentence, but a Slovak guy just won the Kitzbuhel. :p ...pity in the "wrong" sport though :d

but anyway, congrats Kližo for the 6th ATP title (by this he now equaled Dominik Hrbatý in the amount of ATP tour titles in the top of SVK ranking)

ps. btw this was his 6th careers final and 6th win. I´ll never understand his head. never :lol:

Another Slovak makes it a great week for Slovakian tennis. Another Martin, with the first name Andrej, won the challenger tournament in Liberec :CZE.

:SVK:cheer:

Edited by wumo26

6 hours ago, wumo26 said:

Another Slovak makes it a great week for Slovakian tennis. Another Martin, with the first name Andrej, won the challenger tournament in Liberec :CZE.

:SVK:cheer:

Yeah, great to see that our players are finally beginning to find their top shape on clay, this is good news now right just before the clay season´s start...oh, wait :d

:GRE Tsitsipas beat Anderson :woohoo: Amazing! What a streak of top 10 wins!!! Thiem, Djokovic, Zverev and Anderson! :bowdown:

First Masters 1000 final! And damn luck, again top 10 player (most likely). Too bad, looks like the winning streak will be over. But still, this is great result! :cheer: