website statistics

Tennis 2018 Discussion Thread

rybak

• 4 weeks later...

Meanwhile, flying under the radar, :BOL Hugo Dellien keeps his great form and is in another challenger semifinal! He won Sarasota and Savannah with Tallahassee semis in-between, lost to Pavlasek at Roland Garros qualifying round 1 (who eventually made to second round!), won Vicenza last week and is in SF of Shymkent! he is getting closer to Top 100, he's #112 on live ranking, and #84 on the race list! Next opponent is :DOM Roberto Cid Subervi. Estrella Burgos might have had great impact on his countrymen. There are three Dominican republic players in top 300, with young Nick Hardt playing junior French Open quarterfinal at the moment.

Edited by Wanderer

Some sad news from the Men's Zim Futures 2, in Harare. All 3 Zimbabwean players are eliminated in quarterfinals.

Huge ranking improvment for :ZIM Benjamin Lock thank incrase the ranking of 60 positions and join in the top 450 on the ranking (he is #438). It's very nice see tournament in this exotical place.. i hope that Zimbawe will increase their athletes base and they will be able to find a nice tennis player (and maybe go at the Olympics :fingers:)

Gonna see my big friend Roowbin Haase for the first time in real life (if I remember correctly) :d

Against Dr Ivo so there's potential for an emotional outburst :banana:

T0Jx3Zq.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!