website statistics

Tennis 2018 Discussion Thread

rybak

I cannot describe how happy I am for Kvitova :cry: This time last year I was afraid in what state she is going to return.. But she already exceeded expectations. What even more surprised me is her determination and will to keep winning after losing first sets! And what a run - beating Radwanska, world #4, #9, #1 and #3 back-to-back :bowdown: 

13 wins in a row, 5-0 over top 5 players this season so far, return to Top 10 and career title #22. Also, 2017 is the only year starting since her breakthrough when she didn't win a P5/PM title (level to Masters 1000). 

You can go in hibernation now (but first, withdraw from Dubai please) and hopefully you can wake up for grass season :hearts: 

5 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Roger Federer won his 97th ATP title in Rotterdam after defeating Dimitrov 6-2, 6-2 in the final :champion:

If somehow he could manage to win two titles before Wimbledon... It would be just magnificent to win 100th title on Centre Court :)

Just watched the replay of the Shapovalov-Tiafoe matchup in Delray and, as sad as I am that Shapo did not make it to the final, Tiafoe played amazing! No wonder he beat Delpo earlier in the tournament... The NextGen guys are really starting the year well, I'm loving it!

Hopp Suisse! Forza Italia! Go Canada Go!

Men tennis tournament in Dubai is beggining today after few hours!

Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov is considered for favourite

in the competition when Rodjer Federer (the legend) is not participating!

What will happen?

I wish we all watch good and interesting tennis, as this tournament is from ATP 500

and points gained are important (just like every big competition).

Wish luck to all tennis-players as this tournament is going to be stormy!

Edited by avant1213
It was an additional/useless image! Such like spam, although it was nice!

Dimitrov has no chance, he'll face the mighty Robin Haase in round two.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!