Roger 50%

Rafa 30%

Wawrinka 5%

Del Potro 5%

Djokovic 3%

Cilic 3%

Dimitrov 2%

Tsonga 2%

I don't see anyone else with any chance to WIN it (not to say some big upset can reach semis maybe, i'm talking just about lifting the trophy).

Very weird to mention Tsonga, Dimitrov, Cilic or Del Potro but not Zverev, Krygios and especially Goffin. When Roger and Rafa are fit, they have a 90-95% chance to win it, unless Djokovic/Murray/Wawrinka compete.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 50 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

Very weird to mention Tsonga, Dimitrov, Cilic or Del Potro but not Zverev, Krygios and especially Goffin. When Roger and Rafa are fit, they have a 90-95% chance to win it, unless Djokovic/Murray/Wawrinka compete.

Kyrgios is injured and even if he werent he won't win this, he still doesn't care enough about tennis.

Zverev hasn't still shown anything in slams, even losing to nobodies most of the time. He will win some eventually but not now. Same goes for Thiem, although Thiem is a bit more consistent than zverev against lower ranked guys.

Goffin doesn't have the means to win a Slam i'm afraid. If guys that are more consistent than him like Tsonga or Berdych never could, then even less chance for him. 

PS. Maybe I was too tough saying "Mickey mouse stars", the point I was trying to make is that I see the odds given from betting houses being unreasonably high for both. Something people who follow atp closely can tell.

Edited by LDOG

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Are u serious ? 

"My arse hurts", is what she said. Probably pulled a muscle down there or something. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 19 Stunden schrieb LDOG:

Kyrgios is injured and even if he werent he won't win this, he still doesn't care enough about tennis.

Zverev hasn't still shown anything in slams, even losing to nobodies most of the time. He will win some eventually but not now. Same goes for Thiem, although Thiem is a bit more consistent than zverev against lower ranked guys.

Goffin doesn't have the means to win a Slam i'm afraid. If guys that are more consistent than him like Tsonga or Berdych never could, then even less chance for him. 

PS. Maybe I was too tough saying "Mickey mouse stars", the point I was trying to make is that I see the odds given from betting houses being unreasonably high for both. Something people who follow atp closely can tell.

I follow ATP very closely, but ok ... it seems that you have a need to insult people all the time.

Of course Zverev hasnt done anything in slams + he doesnt have a great shape, but i wouldnt say that he lost to nobodies. Last year he lost against Nadal at the AO, Raonic at Wimbledon, Coric at USO and Verdasco at the FO. The loss against Coric was disappointing, but i wouldnt call Verdasco (especially on clay) a nobody, although Zverev still should have won.

My point is: It is a new season, so who knows what will happen? Krygios and Zverev are very young and can explode anytime (for example like Ostapenko last year at the FO) + Goffin seems to be in a great shape and ended the last year in a great shape as well. Who thought at the beginning of 2016 that Kerber would win 2 slams and become world number 1? Who would have thought at the beginning of last year that Zverev would win 2 masters or that Dimitrov would win the world tour finals or that Grandparer and Nadal would each win 2 slams? That is the great thing about the AO, its the first slam, so almost anything can happen.

Edit: Kyrgios just beat Dimitrov to reach Brisbane final, why do you think that he is injured?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Domination! :bowdown:

Maybe this will calm Haase down (for a day or two), in the match where he gave the win to Paire he went at it against the referees again :lol: ("Why do we always need the same linesmen here?!?!" - small detail, it was his 2nd tournament in India in 5 years or so, and his first one in Pune)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 05/01/2018 at 02:32, LDOG said:

Dimitrov? are you serious? he would need a lot of luck to do it.  He has very negative record against all top players except Wawrinka (by "top players" I mean the guys that have won GS already, not Mickey mouse stars like Zverev or Thiem), I don't see him beating many of them in a match to 5 sets.

Dimitrov can trouble anyone on a good day. He's still relatively young too - I can see him peaking in his 30s, like Stan did.