website statistics

Sailing 2018 Discussion Thread

LDOG

I'm a little confused though, is there any official certainty about the changes? Any concrete list, as in:

Classes that are out in 2020 or 2024
-

-

Classes that are in in 2020 or 2024
-

-

? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

No, it wouldn't. It would be saying goodbye to sailing as a global sport.

Less windsurfing quotas would make a lot more sense than no windsurfing quotas.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm a little confused though, is there any official certainty about the changes? Any concrete list, as in:

Classes that are out in 2020 or 2024
-

-

Classes that are in in 2020 or 2024
-

-

? :p 

The boat classes for Tokyo 2020 are confirmed. 

image.png.4d33d79cf8776c8b2b5a92f1d24effd1.png

Classes that are in Paris 2024. Men's events (3). Women's events (3). Mixed events (4)

image.png.40b438c761d84d52507ec51b1ca3cc54.png 

Classes that are out of Paris 2024, but in Tokyo 2020.

- Finn, Men

- 470 - Two Person Dinghy, both Men and Women

Classes that are in Paris 2024, but not in Tokyo 2020.

- Mixed Kite

- Mixed Two Person Dinghy

- Mixed Two Person Keelboat Offshore

What does this 'offshore' mean specifically? The rest is on the sand of the beach or what?

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What does this 'offshore' mean specifically? The rest is on the sand of the beach or what?

To make it simple.

Offshore is on open water. Land is not visible. 

The rest is inshore or coastal. Land is visible. 

Just now, wumo26 said:

To make it simple.

Offshore is on open water. Land is not visible. 

The rest is inshore or coastal. Land is visible. 

I had no idea there was a difference, thanks :d 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I found a very strange thing.

The Asian Windsurfing Championships are being held in Zhuhai, China, from November 23rd to 30th.

http://www.asiansailing.org/event-list/?event_id1=3482

49.png.79d5f048fbc796c7d923c6764bcd7234.png

However, on the website of the International Sailing Federation, I could not find information about the Asian Championships in Zhuhai.

It was unexpectedly discovered that there was also an Asian Windsurfing Championship in Chinese Taipei from November 3rd to 11th.

http://www.rsxclass.org/events/asians/

48.png.fe1ab656f14f5a025086e554b061fb3e.png47.png.c68a02fccb162370c7c904ad6d05088c.png

The Asian Sailing Federation is also very clear that it is affiliated with the International Sailing Federation.

46.png.bc94b7046c79d111edcd72cc898d86bb.png

Can anyone tell me what is going on in these two Asian Championships?

Just now, Function CR Lee said:

Hello everyone, I found a very strange thing.

The Asian Windsurfing Championships are being held in Zhuhai, China, from November 23rd to 30th.

http://www.asiansailing.org/event-list/?event_id1=3482

49.png.79d5f048fbc796c7d923c6764bcd7234.png

However, on the website of the International Sailing Federation, I could not find information about the Asian Championships in Zhuhai.

It was unexpectedly discovered that there was also an Asian Windsurfing Championship in Chinese Taipei from November 3rd to 11th.

http://www.rsxclass.org/events/asians/

48.png.fe1ab656f14f5a025086e554b061fb3e.png47.png.c68a02fccb162370c7c904ad6d05088c.png

The Asian Sailing Federation is also very clear that it is affiliated with the International Sailing Federation.

46.png.bc94b7046c79d111edcd72cc898d86bb.png

Can anyone tell me what is going on in these two Asian Championships?

My guess would be that it has something to do with China’s and Chinese Taipei’s political issues. See if you can find results on the ISAF website (I trust them more).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

My guess would be that it has something to do with China’s and Chinese Taipei’s political issues. See if you can find results on the ISAF website (I trust them more).

I can find the results on ISAF. However, the number of participants is very small, with less than ten participants in the male and female adult RS:X.

Edited by Function CR Lee