website statistics

Sailing 2018 Discussion Thread

LDOG

Just now, Function CR Lee said:

I can find the results on ISAF. However, the number of participants is very small, with less than ten participants in the male and female adult RS:X.

Well I would imagine there’s is the RS:X Windsurfer Championship (which is the Olympic class). I would hypothesize, however, that the ASAF held a separate Windsurfing Championship for a different non-Olympic boat (board?, surfer?). That’s just a guess. I’ll get some information.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Well I would imagine there’s is the RS:X Windsurfer Championship (which is the Olympic class). I would hypothesize, however, that the ASAF held a separate Windsurfing Championship for a different non-Olympic boat (board?, surfer?). That’s just a guess. I’ll get some information.

Chinese media reported:

The 2018 Asian Windsurfing Championships and Asian Kite Board Championships were co-sponsored by the Asian Sailing Federation, the International Kite Board Association, and the China Yachting and Windsurfing Association.

The level of windsurfing competitions is divided into: T293 - boys and girls (under 15), young men and women (under 17); Gaastra - young men and women (under 19), adult men and women Group; RS: X - young men and women (under 19), adult men and women.

I also checked on the Chinese Taipei Sailing Association. As a result, they did not have any information on the windsurfing Asian Championships.

• 2 weeks later...

The former head of sailing’s governing body has joined other sailing officials in questioning the results of a vote to add a mixed-gender offshore class to the 2024 Olympics.

https://apnews.com/b8cbfdd8a0874c21b03d522e5502904c

Several members of World Sailing's Council have complained that their votes at the 2018 Annual Conference were recorded incorrectly. 

At least three councillors who were against the urgent Submission 037-18 (To change the Mixed One Person Dinghy event to Mixed Two Person Keelboat Offshore) from the Board of World Sailing, have claimed that their votes were either recorded as "Approve" or listed as "Abstain". A fourth councillor is believed to have made similar claims.

All three, Zvi Ziblat (ISR), Peter Hall (CAN), and Georgy Wossala (HUN), spoke against the Submission and said they voted "Reject".

On the Voting Schedule, Ziblat and Hall are shown as "Approve", while Wossala is shown as "Abstain".

If the voting sheet is re-scored with the claimed "Reject" options selected, the vote on Submission 037-18 receives 11 "Rejects" with 29 "Approves" or 72.5% and fails to meet the required 75% threshold for the 2024 Events to be re-opened.

https://www.sail-world.com/news/212753/Finn-proponents-said-to-have-voted-against-class

Edited by wumo26