website statistics

Judo 2018 Discussion Thread

bestmen

The Junior European Championships 2018 were held this week in Sofia (BUL)...

here you can find the full recap of the individual results and the final medal table:

http://www.ippon.org/ec_jun2018.php

the team event is scheduled for tomorrow...

p.s. quite a busy week for Bulgaria...Judo Junior Europeans, Rhythmic Gymnastics Worlds, Rowing Worlds and Volleyball Worlds all at the same time in the Country...:yikes:

congrats for hosting so many events...

• 1 month later...

The 2023 World Judo Championships is going to one of Judo's powerhouse nations... :QAT Qatar (Doha) (Well, maybe not a powerhouse. :p)

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1071407/signing-at-ijf-hq-confirms-qatar-as-hosts-to-2023-world-judo-championships

Qatar is really going to host some big events in the upcoming years:

image.png.d67e775ebfcf5763dbdc48c95a19d4a9.png

2 hours ago, wumo26 said:

The 2023 World Judo Championships is going to one of Judo's powerhouse nations... :QAT Qatar (Doha) (Well, maybe not a powerhouse. :p)

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1071407/signing-at-ijf-hq-confirms-qatar-as-hosts-to-2023-world-judo-championships

Qatar is really going to host some big events in the upcoming years:

image.png.d67e775ebfcf5763dbdc48c95a19d4a9.png

Yet they can’t be bothered to host an Olympics, they could probably by them too

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, DaniSRB said:

Interesting situation in Abu Dhabi GP

Israel is in the final and Iran has yet to play it's SF

what will happen?

I didn't watch the match to say something for sure but losing intentionally was the easiest solution. after all he is World Rank 1 and he can afford losing few points in the WR. even though his SF opponent was pretty good

and I wonder if he shows up for bronze medal match, because if he wins he has to show up on the same podium as Israeli athlete. but he has some personal reasons to go and beat that Kazakh judoka, he lost to the same guy in Asian Games final by a last second controversial shido.

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I didn't watch the match to say something for sure but losing intentionally was the easiest solution. after all he is World Rank 1 and he can afford losing few points in the WR. even though his SF opponent was pretty good

and I wonder if he shows up for bronze medal match, because if he wins he has to show up on the same podium as Israeli athlete. but he has some personal reasons to go and beat that Kazakh judoka, he lost to the same guy in Asian Games final by a last second controversial shido.

he can't be with Israeli athlete even at podium?