website statistics

Judo 2018 Discussion Thread

bestmen

Just now, LDOG said:

By "legitimate excuse" you mean the same usual fake injuries or something else?

losing on purpose. doesn't make the weight intentionally. things like that. I mean they never officially say "I'm withdrawing because it's Israel" which they should do if they really believe in what they are doing and they should be proud and face the consequences but the thing is they don't really believe that. this is just a political play . nobody in Palestine never knows that some random Iranian athlete withdrew to "support the people of Palestine"

hace 2 minutos, MHSN said:

losing on purpose. doesn't make the weight intentionally. things like that. I mean they never officially say "I'm withdrawing because it's Israel" which they should do if they really believe in what they are doing and they should be proud and face the consequences but the thing is they don't really believe that. this is just a political play . nobody in Palestine never knows that some random Iranian athlete withdrew to "support the people of Palestine"

How the hell international federations don't get the clue by the 50th time it happens against an Israeli?

In doping you don't actually have to test positive to get a ban, avoiding the control is the same.

17 minutes ago, LDOG said:

How the hell international federations don't get the clue by the 50th time it happens against an Israeli?

In doping you don't actually have to test positive to get a ban, avoiding the control is the same.

because they have no real evidence for these incidents and in such sports like wrestling especially u can't lose a country like Iran that has many world class wrestlers in WCH or Olympic games , but it's still possible if this continues for sorry , some Arab countries faced threats of being banned from organizing some international events when they didn't invite Israeli athletes especially Gulf countries who organize many international events ,so they changed their policies and things changed , for example last Grand Slam in UAE , the Israeli Anthem was played , after Israeli athletes participated under IJF flag in 2017 , so maybe a partial ban for Iranian federations or at least threatening to would help and ofc this'll come on Iranian athletes favor , like MHSN said these retirements have no way to help Palestinian case in any way and yes most of people in Palestine even don't know about many of these athletes 

overall International federations care mostly about giving the right for Israeli athletes to take part ,they don't care much about retiring of some athletes against Israeli athletes , because i don't think this hurts Israeli athletes ,i think they're happy when these things happen as they assured an automatic spot in next round without any effort , who wouldn't love to :d

7 hours ago, thepharoah said:

overall International federations care mostly about giving the right for Israeli athletes to take part ,they don't care much about retiring of some athletes against Israeli athletes , because i don't think this hurts Israeli athletes ,i think they're happy when these things happen as they assured an automatic spot in next round without any effort , who wouldn't love to :d

I think most world class athletes want to fight all other world class athletes no matter their nationality.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 godziny temu, heywoodu napisał:

I think most world class athletes want to fight all other world class athletes no matter their nationality.

I think most world class athletes want to win, no matter how. World where participation was most important is not existing anymore (well, maybe for small countries participation is everything what they want but not for guys who fight for medals). Why there are so much doping cases or other ways of cheating? Nor IJF nor other federations won't react because Iranians hurt only themeselves by their boycott. There is still question are Iranian athletes forced to submit or are they doing it freely? Like in any case I think there are both of them. For first of them (I mean ones who are forced to do it) only way is escape and start for other country or under IOC/IJF flag. Of course it's easy to say but for many people starting for foreign nation is something unthinkable. Despite the fact that I don't wish Iranian fans to their stars change nationality but I think that this is the only way for Iranian politics and activists to reconsider whole thing.

Now, how many spelling errors can you find in my text? ;) 

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Maybe this's the incident in Judo , but in other fighting sports i don't think so , because Israel don't have world class athletes especially in wrestling and Taekwondo and even here in Judo , the Israeli judoka who won -81 Golg in the last GS was really happy about his achivement and was congratulated even from their PM himself as the the Israeli anthem was played for the 1st time in UAE , so i don't really think he really does care about facing Mollaei more than winning the gold 

42 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Maybe this's the incident in Judo , but in other fighting sports i don't think so , because Israel don't have world class athletes especially in wrestling and Taekwondo and even here in Judo , the Israeli judoka who won -81 Golg in the last GS was really happy about his achivement and was congratulated even from their PM himself as the the Israeli anthem was played for the 1st time in UAE , so i don't really think he really does care about facing Mollaei more than winning the gold 

I mean I think in general athletes - no matter their nationality - want to compete against the best in the world - no matter their nationality. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

All 3 Slovak judokas at the U23 European championships held this week in Hungary lost their opening games by ippon ! Talk about consistency ! :cheer:

Clearly the best was Miroslav Blahušiak in the -90kg who managed to prolong his 1st round bout against Harry Lovell-Hewitt from :GBR to the golden score but lost there after 1 minute, the other -90kg participant Denis Turac lost to the Bulgarian Aleks Vasilev after 70 seconds and Márius Fízel in the -100kg class after a bye in 1st round lost in the second to the Ukrainian Danylo Hutsel only 18 seconds before the final gong