website statistics

Weightlifting 2018 Discussion Thread

VolleyRuller96

Just now, Quasit said:

China purposely want to start in the lowest group or what? :lol:

this Entry list doesn't matter. nothing at all. they will apply their "real" entry record one day before the competition in general meeting.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

this Entry list doesn't matter. nothing at all. they will apply their "real" entry record one day before the competition in general meeting.

I guess it matters mostly in the sense that we now mostly know who will compete, or not even that? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I guess it matters mostly in the sense that we now mostly know who will compete, or not even that? :p 

oh yes. I mean the entry record doesn't matter. the list matters actually :d they can't add a new name to the list (or at least it will be very hard) but this list is not final for example there are 3 Iranians listed at 96kg. obviously only 2 of them will partcipiate

very weak team from Iran. we just lost all of our World medalists for different reasons. I think only Moradi and Hashemi are medal favorites here

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

Although, knowing Turkmenistan, Toychyyeva will eat the Belgian for supper. Probably a safe gold for them, unless some considerably better athletes switches weight...

Weird to see only 5 entries in Women's -81kg when there are 20+ in -87kg and +87kg but yeah, I will take these entry lists with a pinch of salt. :wacko:

Edited by Quasit

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

1 minute ago, Quasit said:

Weird to see only 5 entries in Women's -81kg when there are 20+ in -87kg and +87kg but yeah, I will take these entry lists with a pinch of salt. :wacko:

Probably -81kg is non-Olympic weight? Goes to show how unnecessary they are.

#banbestmen