website statistics

Weightlifting 2018 Discussion Thread

VolleyRuller96

092259s0iimia504wl7y40.jpg

Where can the (official) results, start lists and stuff like that be found?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Now we wait and see if Enzo Kuworge can win a Dutch medal :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 months later...

it seems the King of doping, ilya Ilyin will comeback to the competition for the World Championship this year ! he will participate at the non-Olympic weight of 102kg !

Speaking of the World Championship, Iran will have a very weak team this time. out of our World/Olympic Champions. Salimi announced retirement (at the age of 29) after the Asian Games, the idiot genius Rostami will take a break, Saeid Mohammadpour was injured the whole year (I think he is done with weightlifting after back to back injuries) and Saeid Alihosseini is a bit injured. so looks like Sohrab Moradi is the only big name remaining.

we were VERY upset when IWF announced the new Olympic qualification system which limits Iran to only 2 weightlifters ! (even though IWF is going to review that later this year but probably no change) but it seems after all we won't have more than two competitive weightlifters when it comes to Tokyo :d

3 horas atrás, MHSN disse:

it seems the King of doping, ilya Ilyin will comeback to the competition for the World Championship this year

I don't follow this sport so I'm confused now: if he's a repeated doper, why has he not been banned for life?

58 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I don't follow this sport so I'm confused now: if he's a repeated doper, why has he not been banned for life?

Cuz he’s too cool for dat

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

If I'm not mistaken it counts as one offence (the issue with Ilin is that both his samples from 2008 and 2012, both Olympic gold medals for him, turned out dirty two years ago). Or more specifically, as one suspension, and one can't immediately get banned for the first suspension.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

well this is how IWF explaining it

https://www.iwf.net/2018/01/23/iwf-sanction-ilya-ilyin-maximum-allowed-world-anti-doping-code/

and funny that he didn't lose any other medal except only 2 Olympic gold medals.he didn't lose his world records as well.

I admit he is a cool guy. and a great weightlifter (despite his doping story) but everybody knew there is something wrong about him. in 2015 he didn't go to USA for the World Championships instead he went to a low level competition in Russia (only few days after the Worlds) and broke the World Record there ! if he was that ready why not breaking the World Record in the World Championship ?! the answer was easy, he didn't want to take a test in USA.

• 2 weeks later...

Russia has been awarded the 2020 European Weightlifting Championships.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1071228/russia-awarded-2020-european-weightlifting-championships-on-day-one-year-ban-from-sport-ended

image.png.bd392fd019223451d9b96f42b6e1432a.png

Edited by wumo26

That is freaking hilarious.