website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2018 Discussion Thread

thiago_simoes

2 horas atrás, hckosice disse:

Yes, you are right, Piasecký won in 2006 a World Cup event, so it should be the 2nd ever win in a international let say semi-major event. but clearly it´s the biggest success of SVK women´s gymnastics since the independence

Nice achievement. Slovakia has come a long way since Ivana Kováčová and Mária Homolová. Mokošová is much better and it's possible for her to reach the all-around final at the World Championships.

3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Nice achievement. Slovakia has come a long way since Ivana Kováčová and Mária Homolová. Mokošová is much better and it's possible for her to reach the all-around final at the World Championships.

That would be certainly huge. She already made it at the Europeans and European Games, the WCh and OG AA Finals are her big dreams, But there still a lot of work to do for her to achieve that. From what I noticed she is a very humble and hardworking girl, but sometimes at big events struggling mostly mentally, but it´s a typical and common issue among Slovak athletes, the lack of mental coaches in our small teams is IMO one of the main reason why our athletes fails often at big events, even if they are very well physically trained and prepared.

• 2 weeks later...
3 horas atrás, mrv86 disse:

For those who could be interested (@thiago_simoes) here's livestream for the 2018 Jr Pan Am Championships

Thank you! 

Once more a disappointing competition for female Brazilian gymnasts. I knew their level was a lot lower compared to the girls from 2014, but their results are much worse than I expected. 

54 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Thank you! 

Once more a disappointing competition for female Brazilian gymnasts. I knew their level was a lot lower compared to the girls from 2014, but their results are much worse than I expected. 

Who's the best Brazilian female gymnast atm?

50 minutos atrás, zob79 disse:

Who's the best Brazilian female gymnast atm?

Junior: Luísa Helena (she placed seventh at the Pan Ams)

Senior: Flávia Saraiva (though Rebeca Andrade is coming back)

I knew Luísa Helena would place behind the Americans and the Canadians, but placing behind two three Argentinian gymnasts was a tough pill to swallow. The money invested in Luísa Helena was huge. In the end, she is out of shape (for a gymnast), performing low difficulty and behind three gymnasts from a nation which does not invest nearly as much in gymnastics. Unacceptable. Kudos to Argentina, of course, but shame on Brazil for allowing this to happen.

Edited by thiago_simoes

5 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Junior: Luísa Helena (she placed seventh at the Pan Ams)

Senior: Flávia Saraiva (though Rebeca Andrade is coming back)

I knew Luísa Helena would place behind the Americans and the Canadians, but placing behind two Argentinian gymnasts was a tough pill to swallow.

any complete results?

• 4 weeks later...