website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2018 Discussion Thread

thiago_simoes

• 2 weeks later...
18 horas atrás, hckosice disse:

First ever win for SVK in a Artistic Gymnastic competition ?

I was looking for this topic so I could tag you and literally ask this question, and then I saw your comment. :lol:

Certainly first gold medal ever for Mokošová, but what about Samuel Piasecky? He competed for over 10 years, so I guess there's a good chance he must have won gold at some point. 

EDIT: If the automatic translation is right, the article on Slovak Wikipedia about Piasecky states he won the gold medal on the parallel bars at the 2006 Maribor World Cup.

Edited by thiago_simoes

25 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I was looking for this topic so I could tag you and literally ask this question, and then I saw your comment. :lol:

Certainly first gold medal ever for Mokošová, but what about Samuel Piasecky? He competed for over 10 years, so I guess there's a good chance he must have won gold at some point. 

EDIT: If the automatic translation is right, the article on Slovak Wikipedia about Piasecky states he won the gold medal on the parallel bars at the 2006 Maribor World Cup.

Yes, you are right, Piasecký won in 2006 a World Cup event, so it should be the 2nd ever win in a international let say semi-major event. but clearly it´s the biggest success of SVK women´s gymnastics since the independence