website statistics

Football 2018 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

47 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The plans for a European 'Super League' seem to be more and more serious, with apparently an agreement between teams to start in 2021, basically ending the Champions League (or at least the importance of it). Of course it's not going to be a competition for which one can qualify, but only for the super duper elite (based on history I guess, since even mediocre AC Milan is in).

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern, Chelsea, Arsenal, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester City, Liverpool and AC Milan are the main teams, with Atlético Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Olympique Marseille, Inter Milan and AS Roma getting 'guest spots'.

Horror show if this actually happens.

History and money.

Deloitte's Money League (revenue generated from football operations)

image.png.7a20dcd211b0f6cac6515309f2013722.png

All top 10 clubs

And Forbes' list of the most valuable clubs.

image.png.d81618d635a2c94c5f0983e93a275e8e.png

The 10 clubs in top 11. 

Tottenham is gonna be so pissed :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Football Leaks: UEFA helped PSG & Man City cover up FFP fraud.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/ligue-1/football-leaks-uefa-helped-psg--man-city-cover-up-ffp-fraud-7125566

From Der Spiegel: "UEFA arranged secret settlements with Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain that allowed the clubs to cheat its own Financial Fair Play rules by hundreds of millions of euros, a new investigation by EIC Network can reveal".

"Senior UEFA administrators, including the ex-secretary general and current FIFA president, Gianni Infantino, personally intervened to encourage settlements with big clubs, while the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB), the UEFA department that investigates rule breaches, aggressively pursued poorer clubs in the likes of Turkey and Romania.”

24 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Football Leaks: UEFA helped PSG & Man City cover up FFP fraud.

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/ligue-1/football-leaks-uefa-helped-psg--man-city-cover-up-ffp-fraud-7125566

From Der Spiegel: "UEFA arranged secret settlements with Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain that allowed the clubs to cheat its own Financial Fair Play rules by hundreds of millions of euros, a new investigation by EIC Network can reveal".

"Senior UEFA administrators, including the ex-secretary general and current FIFA president, Gianni Infantino, personally intervened to encourage settlements with big clubs, while the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB), the UEFA department that investigates rule breaches, aggressively pursued poorer clubs in the likes of Turkey and Romania.”

Infantino corrupt? 

Spoiler

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

and the new coach Pavel Hapal announced his first nomination as coach of :SVK for the upcoming last 2 matches in Nations League against Ukraine and in Czech Republic, with the only goal to maintain our team in this B division.

and he immediately entered to the history, doing something that did not happened for 14 years ! Exactly since 26th August 2004. Indeed, for the first time in last 14 years the coach have not called any player from our Domestic championships, Any player from the super mighty Slovak league :bowdown:

+ the return of the bad boy Miroslav Stoch ! gonna be fun around the bars :d

Team SVK for November last 2 Nation League "B" matches against UKR and in CZE

Spoiler

GK: Martin Dúbravka (Newcastle United), Matúš Kozáčik (FC Viktoria Plzeň), Marek Rodák (Rotherham United)

DEF: Erik Sabo (Hapoel Be'er Sheva), Peter Pekarík (Hertha Berlin), Martin Škrtel (Fenerbahce Istanbul), Denis Vavro (FC Copenhagen), Milan Škriniar (Inter Milano), Dávid Hancko (ACF Fiorentina), Tomáš Hubočan (Olympique Marseille)

MID: Miroslav Stoch (Slavia Praha), Stanislav Lobotka (Celta Vigo), Patrik Hrošovský (FC Viktoria Plzeň), Juraj Kucka (Trabzonspor), Ján Greguš (FC Copenhagen), Marek Hamšík (SSC Napoli), Ondrej Duda (Hertha Berlin), Róbert Mak (Zenit St. Petersburg), Albert Rusnák (Salt Lake City), Vladimír Weiss (Al Gharafa SC), Matúš Bero (Vitesse Arnhem)

FRW: Adam Nemec (FC Pafos), Michal Ďuriš (Anorthosis Famagusta), Adam Zreľák (1. FC Nurnberg)

That yesterdays fog in Zagreb during the match Dinamo - Trnava. Fans of Trnava are pissed as hell, Imagine you bought a expensive ticket for a match of your team in Europa League, you travel there and then you see nothing during the whole 90 minutes :lol:

image.png

image.png

image.png

@MHSN I'm watching a very low quality stream of Persepolis - Kashima that started a few minutes ago, but even all the graphics are in I think Arabic or something, which is hard. So, am I correct in saying Persepolis is the orange team and Kashima is white? :p 

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

@MHSN I'm watching a very low quality stream of Persepolis - Kashima that started a few minutes ago, but even all the graphics are in I think Arabic or something, which is hard. So, am I correct in saying Persepolis is the orange team and Kashima is white? :p 

Persepolis is red. yes. is the quality that bad that you can't see players face ? :d Iranian and Japanese faces are hard to not recognize

Edited by MHSN

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

it's written in Persian , which uses the same Arabic letters + yes , you're right about colors