website statistics

Football 2018 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

5 hours ago, thepharoah said:

i wonder why Iran played 2 teams from the same school , i think it was very enough to play with Tunisia then take the 2nd match against an European team , cuz they have Portugal and Spain in the group 

that was even better, they were supposed to play Libya as well few days before Tunisia match :p but a last minute cancellation made them play "some guys" from Sierra Leone :d

The Morocco match is the key match for Iran (and actually for both teams) that's not surprising to prepare more for that one. but Queiroz tested some weird combinations in defense in both matches, giving up so many chances to Tunisia and Algeria.

btw we lost to Tunisia because of the Egyptian referee :d  a normal referee would give a clear penalty to Iran and few red cards to both teams :p

9 minutes ago, MHSN said:

that was even better, they were supposed to play Libya as well few days before Tunisia match :p but a last minute cancellation made them play "some guys" from Sierra Leone :d

The Morocco match is the key match for Iran (and actually for both teams) that's not surprising to prepare more for that one. but Queiroz tested some weird combinations in defense in both matches, giving up so many chances to Tunisia and Algeria.

btw we lost to Tunisia because of the Egyptian referee :d  a normal referee would give a clear penalty to Iran and few red cards to both teams :p

yes , i think Portugal isn't that team that's unbeatable , so maybe there's a chance for both teams to qualify and the 1st match will be a key one for this , well i think Libya was a better choice than Sierra Leone :d at least u would have played all teams from the Maghreb Region :d i think that referee was Ibrahim Noureldin , whom i personally don't like , he always make mistakes :d btw Morocco is a very offensive team they're not similar to Tunisia who're some how close to your style 

5 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

yes , i think Portugal isn't that team that's unbeatable , so maybe there's a chance for both teams to qualify and the 1st match will be a key one for this , well i think Libya was a better choice than Sierra Leone :d at least u would have played all teams from the Maghreb Region :d i think that referee was Ibrahim Noureldin , whom i personally don't like , he always make mistakes :d btw Morocco is a very offensive team they're not similar to Tunisia who're some how close to your style 

Of course Portugal is not unbeatable (and remember we have a Portuguese coach) but first we have to beat (or not lose to) Morocco to stay alive for the last match. This is a very tough group but in football there is always hope. and we always can count on our fighting spirit which is always our biggest weapon.

well even Cambodia was probably better than random Sierra Leone team. that wasn't a FIFA day, and they were supposed to play with their local league players but later Iranian media found out there is no league in Sierra Leone because of Ebola :facepalm: we still don't know who were those guys, they didn't even want to leave Iran after the match :d the controversy of that match still continues. and people make joke of that team here like forever.

Queiroz confused everybody with his lineups. I hope Morocco coach scouts Iran based on those two matches, :p even though with Queiroz you never can be sure about anything, he always surprises with his lineups and formations .

Toronto FC :CAN  and CD Guadalajara (Chivas) :MEX are the finalist of CONCACAF Champions League.

Toronto draw 1-1 at Azteca stadium with America (aggregate 4-2), Guadalajara draw 0-0 (away) with NY Red Bull (aggregate 1-0)

For the second time a Canadian team will play the CCL Final (Montreal Impact finish runner up 2014/15); for Guadalajara will be the fourth final (1 won 1962, and two runner-up 1963 and 2007)

CCL Finals (home-away) will be April 17th (at Toronto) and 25th (at Guadalajara)