website statistics

Football 2018 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

4 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Sampdoria's Riccardo Saponara celebrating 99th minute equalizer against Lazio last night :mad:

Best goal celebration of the year :rofl: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Last night Atlanta won the MLS final against Portland. It was live on Eurosport as MLS usually is, with a commentator who's been doing it for 20-25+ years....but last night he was either ignoring the match on purpose or he was just drunk. I watched it this morning and I have never in my life heard a commentator talk so much nonsense and so little about the match :d 

I heard him recite a poem about death, stories about Garibaldi, nickel mines in Canada, dirty clothes in the dressing room in his own time as a player, 90 minutes of anecdotes about his life in the football world and the 1-0 was only briefly mentioned..."this is the guy that has the annoying habit to score when I'm talking" and then he went on with his story about referees. The 2-0 was 100% ignored, he did not mention a single word about it.

He is now fired, although it's not sure whether he was already fired and he did this out of revenge, or he got fired because of this.

By the way, just sharing an anecdote about this. The commentator was talking about how he thinks it's bullshit teams come together in a circle 5 minutes before the match, because the preparation should be done anyway and everyone knows what they should be doing.

"In our time there used to be dead silence in the locker room the minutes before we were called up for the match. Except for Wim xxx (forgot his surname). I remember once everyone was quiet, Wim asked the doctor if he had a shitting problem. 'Doc, I always have to take a shit at 08.15, every morning.' 'Well', the doc said, 'you have a perfectly regular bowel movement, no worries', much to the annoyance of everyone trying to focus. Wim wasn't done though: 'Yeah, but the problem is I only wake up at 9am'. And then the entire team couldn't hold in their laughter and the focus was gone."

That's how the commentary went for one and a half hour.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Sampdoria's Riccardo Saponara celebrating 99th minute equalizer against Lazio last night :mad:

that was not his way to celebrate, it was the guy behind him who lowered his pants and then touched his ass :p

Spoiler

saponara-2-320x214.jpg?v=20181209083617

There's still 8 minutes to go for someone to hit a bus or cause mayhem or something, I'm not trusting it yet.