website statistics

Football 2018 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

I see they have already dubbed it from Superclásico to Megaclásico? :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

24 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

i think it's something not really strange in Argentina that a bus is being hit by opponents' fans , it does even happens in Europe , I'm a boca fan but Boca's president wants to make some show or at least pressure the referee who'll take charge 

Doesn't matter if it's something usual or not. The club (River) should be penalized and match shouldn't happen today.

Just now, vinipereira said:

Doesn't matter if it's something usual or not. The club (River) should be penalized and match shouldn't happen today.

Thing is apparently Boca is the one getting penalized if the match isn't happening today...

I heard one Boca player has glass in his eye (besides the pepper spray trouble)? Come on.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, vinipereira said:

Ofc , they'll be penalized , but i saw this thing happens in many places around the world and the match was played on time , maybe they fear from River's fans reactions if the match will be postponed to tomorrow ? 

Just now, thepharoah said:

Ofc , they'll be penalized , but i saw this thing happens in many places around the world and the match was played on time , maybe they fear from River's fans reactions if the match will be postponed to tomorrow ? 

Yes, it happened many times, but this is a *very* important match. If the match is played today and River is the champion, this win will be tainted for sure.

Ahora, heywoodu said:

Thing is apparently Boca is the one getting penalized if the match isn't happening today...

I heard one Boca player has glass in his eye (besides the pepper spray trouble)? Come on.

River doesn't want to play either. But if they don't play both clubs will be banned for 5 years from international competition. The problem is conmebol and FIFA (Infantino is at the stadium), both are threatening the clubs with punishment if they abandon.

Just now, LDOG said:

River doesn't want to play either. But if they don't play both clubs will be banned for 5 years from international competition. The problem is conmebol and FIFA (Infantino is at the stadium), both are threatening the clubs with punishment if they abandon.

Infantino sounds like a man of pure integrity, he would never jeopardize the players or something :) :) :) 

3 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

The match will be postponed to tomorrow on the same time 

Which means now I won't be able to watch it anymore :redcard: