website statistics

Football 2018 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

47 minutes ago, bestmen said:

for Iran this match will not help you at all this team is not serious

Morocco is different much better and will defeat you over 3-0

i wonder why Iran played 2 teams from the same school , i think it was very enough to play with Tunisia then take the 2nd match against an European team , cuz they have Portugal and Spain in the group 

hace 55 minutos, thepharoah said:

i wonder why Iran played 2 teams from the same school , i think it was very enough to play with Tunisia then take the 2nd match against an European team , cuz they have Portugal and Spain in the group 

It seems to me that Iran never plays friendlies with top tier teams. I think it's intentional from Queiroz, he knows well the weaknesses of his team and that his team is mostly "unknown" and is better off hiding from the scouting of other teams.

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

It seems to me that Iran never plays friendlies with top tier teams. I think it's intentional from Queiroz, he knows well the weaknesses of his team and that his team is mostly "unknown" and is better off hiding from the scouting of other teams.

no problem in doing so , but at least play 2 different countries in style :mumble:

btw brazil did only 1 subistution in yesterday's game , Tete looks that he found his 11men squad who'll depend on WC , but i think it's also better to give chance for some other players in such friendlies , for example i barely see Ederson Man City goalkeeper starts in any match and it really surprises me that Brazil has a world class goalkeeper and he doesn't get any chances with his NT 

4 hours ago, LDOG said:

That almost worked well against Argentina back in 2014, didn't it ? :d

yeah people say such things about Queiroz here, but I'm not sure if that's the case this time. the current Iran is much better than 2014 team. actually not because the current team is so great, but because that team was so crap . probably the worst Iran NT I remember (alongside with the 2010 team) I stlil don't know how they made it to the world cup. :d

I think the problem is our federation and its VERY poor management. also top teams ask for money which Iran doesn't have. and the political situation also matters a lot. I remember back in 2006 we had hard time to play friendlies. some countries like Romania cancelled the friendlies in last minutes for political reasons. we ended playing only couple ex-Yugo countries before the World Cup (thanks to our Ex-Yugo coach) this time we will play the mighty Lithuania before the World Cup :d

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

That almost worked well against Argentina back in 2014, didn't it ? :d

yeah people say such things about Queiroz here, but I'm not sure if that's the case this time. the current Iran is much better than 2014 team. actually not because the current team is so great, but because that team was so crap . probably the worst Iran NT I remember (alongside with the 2010 team) I stlil don't know how they made it to the world cup. :d

I think the problem is our federation and its VERY poor management. also top teams ask for money which Iran doesn't have. and the political situation also matters a lot. I remember back in 2006 we had hard time to play friendlies. some countries like Romania cancelled the friendlies in last minutes for political reasons. we ended playing only couple ex-Yugo countries before the World Cup (thanks to our Ex-Yugo coach) this time we will play the mighty Lithuania before the World Cup :d

As the saying goes, if you can beat Lithuania, you can beat anyone in the World Cup. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!