website statistics

Fencing 2018 Discussion Thread

Gianlu33

7 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Such a low profile sport :( The shittest high school basketball team in Baltimore has probably a better set-up than this.

Well, this is one of 374523745 world cup events so no need for a first-class venue, in my opinion. :d

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

4 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Such a low profile sport :( The shittest high school basketball team in Baltimore has probably a better set-up than this.

yeah, sometimes it's depressing how this sport makes himself such damages...

however, at least they have a live scoring and a HD live streaming for the vast majority of their international events, which isn't always the case for many sports, even a lot richer and more "media-friendly" than the wonderful art of Fencing...

because people can think what they want...to me it's one of the most entertaining and exciting sports in the world...I love it and I won't stop loving it just because the international federation's president is one of the most controversial Russian oligarc and one of the richest man in the world but he administrates his sport like a kids' recreational activity...:(:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Well, this is one of 374523745 world cup events so no need for a first-class venue, in my opinion. :d

yeah...but usig the conference hall of a 4* (maybe 5*, but I'm not sure) hotel maybe is a bit too depressing...

not asking for an NBA arena, but at least a decent hall should be the case...

Edited by phelps

Juste maintenant , Quasit a déclaré:

Granted, there are a few of them. But this is like not even trying.

Why not a combined weapons world cup btw ? Each stage could take a week and be an oportunity to make somthing out of it.

5 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Granted, there are a few of them. But this is like not even trying.

Why not a combined weapons world cup btw ? Each stage could take a week and be an oportunity to make somthing out of it.

that would be very expensive for FIE and difficult to set up for many athletes...remember that most fencers are no pros at all (Italy and France are just a couple of notable exceptions in this sense) and probably they can't take more than a weekend every once in a while off their regular job...

but I agree that at least they could try once in a season...maybe the world cup finals, with only the best athletes per weapon (=all pros who can do what they want of their time) could be the right event for that...

Edited by phelps

il y a 3 minutes, phelps a déclaré:

that would be very expensive for FIE and difficult to set up for many athletes...remember that most fencers are no pros at all (Italy and France are just a couple of notable exceptions in this sense) and probably they can't take more than a weekend every once in a while off their regular job...

All right, I didn't think about that...

Still, a minimum of effort should be asked (I don't necesseraly mean the area by that, but mostly the decorum)

Women's Individual Foil (Algiers, ALG)

Final Results:

Gold: Alice Volpi (ITA)

Silver: Erica Cipressa (ITA)

Bronze: Inna Deriglazova (RUS) & Hanna Lyczbinska (POL)

Semifinals:

Cipressa b. Deriglazova 15-10

Volpi b. Lyczbinska 15-14

Gold Medal Match:

Volpi b. Cipressa 15-6

Here is the Full Final Ranking (and Results) from Today's competition:

http://fie.org/competitions/2018/129/results/rank

Men's Individual Sabre (Padua, ITA)

Final Results:

Gold: Eli Dershwitz (USA)

Silver: Aron Szilagyi (HUN)

Bronze: Luca Curatoli (RUS) & Andras Szatmari (HUN)

Semifinals:

Dershwitz b. Curatoli 15-13

Szilagyi b. Szatmari 15-11

Gold Medal Match:

Dershwitz b. Szilagyi 15-12

Here is the Full Final Ranking (and Results) from Today's competition:

http://fie.org/competitions/2018/156/results/rank