website statistics

Track Cycling 2018 Discussion Thread

Agger

24 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Sad :(

At least his teammate won gold in the event

Also, do you know how Pan Am Games qualification works through this event?

Not really sure, as the qualification document is very vague and only list a number of quotas for this Championships.:mad:

I guess at least the winner of each event secures a quota 

56 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Not really sure, as the qualification document is very vague and only list a number of quotas for this Championships.:mad:

I guess at least the winner of each event secures a quota 

thnx. Canada's only chance is here for track quotas, hopefully some in each gender will get through. 

Kristina Vogel has announced she has paraplegia. "It sucks. No matter how you look at it, I won't walk anymore."

https://www.welt.de/newsticker/dpa_nt/infoline_nt/sport_nt/article181455770/Bahnrad-Olympiasiegerin-Kristina-Vogel-querschnittsgelaehmt.html

Damn. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Jordan Kerby World Individual Pursuit Champion in 2017 and team member of the Australian Team Pursuit has switched his allegiance to NZ. Due to a falling out and subsequently being dropped. Has a NZ mother so will compete for NZ straight away. Another Aussie switching allegiance due to sporting politics.

1 hour ago, bestmen said:

after this accident last june , the Olympic champion Kristina vogel becomes paraplegic for the rest of her life 

I will always miss her’s and Anna Mears battles

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Werloc said:

Just read about Vogel in our media. That's pretty tragic and extremely disappointing, she was a track cycling star :(

One of the biggest legends in women's track cycling, one might say...

The way she sounds ("My opinion is accepting a situation as fast as possible makes it easier to deal with it") gives me some hope she'll definitely fight to make the most of it. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see her at the Paralympics.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

One of the biggest legends in women's track cycling, one might say...

The way she sounds ("My opinion is accepting a situation as fast as possible makes it easier to deal with it") gives me some hope she'll definitely fight to make the most of it. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see her at the Paralympics.

I guess it's just a very tough reminder, that track cycling is one of the most dangerous Olympic sports.