website statistics

Road Cycling 2018 Discussion Thread

hckošice

9 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Rwanda is going to go and try to get the 2025 World Championships, with Belgian support.

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20180708_03603335

Belgian might have a colonial past to make up for :p 

It'd be so awesome if Rwanda gets it, those images and stuff from the races on the Wall of Kigali and around the country are just incredible :clap:

Rwanda? They have streets in Rwanda or it will be cyclocross? :p 

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

Rwanda? They have streets in Rwanda or it will be cyclocross? :p 

Yes they have streets! Never heard of the Tour of Rwanda where entire villages get out and about to cheer the riders on? :cheer:

I'm actually not being sarcastic or something when I say I've almost never seen the atmosphere I've seen in some videos from Rwanda :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Adesso, heywoodu ha scritto:

Yes they have streets! Never heard of the Tour of Rwanda where entire villages get out and about to cheer the riders on? :cheer:

I'm actually not being sarcastic or something when I say I've almost never seen the atmosphere I've seen in some videos from Rwanda :) 

I think that i saw a video about cycling in Rwanda on Olympic Channel... it doesn't seems the good place for a WCh :p

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

I think that i saw a video about cycling in Rwanda on Olympic Channel... it doesn't seems the good place for a WCh :p

Why not? They have the organization to host a world champs (and if not, Belgium is helping them and say what you want, but Belgium is experienced in hosting cycling), they have enough hotels, there are plenty of opportunities to put down some nice courses, the weather is good and most importantly, the people love cycling and these championships would 'live' among the locals as no championships have ever done before. It would basically be the exact opposite of Qatar 2016 in terms of enthousiasm.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Why not? They have the organization to host a world champs (and if not, Belgium is helping them and say what you want, but Belgium is experienced in hosting cycling), they have enough hotels, there are plenty of opportunities to put down some nice courses, the weather is good and most importantly, the people love cycling and these championships would 'live' among the locals as no championships have ever done before. It would basically be the exact opposite of Qatar 2016 in terms of enthousiasm.

Well, good luck to Rwanda :p Let's hope that this will at last help the African cycling development :pope:

See? I swear Rwanda 2025 is gonna be amazing :bowdown:

33 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

See? I swear Rwanda 2025 is gonna be amazing :bowdown:

I really hope the UCI actually chooses Rwanda, it would be so cool

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Next year at the world championships: mixed team time trial :facepalm:

Spoiler

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Spoiler

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: