website statistics

Road Cycling 2018 Discussion Thread

hckošice

16 minutes ago, dcro said:

In fact, only 12km of the climb were used last year as the higher parts were snowed in. Weather is thankfully much more pleasant this time around.

And that is the average gradient, yes, though steepest parts are reportedly within last 10 km (last 3 km in particular).

I seem to remember the disappointment about the last (hardest) part having to be scrapped last year. Well, I'll be watching, of course for Oscar Riesbeek who was so impressive yesterday :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

90 degree turn like 50 meters after the finish of a mass sprint stage in Croatia :lol: That almost caused some crashes :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Valverde is rather consistent in the Fleche Wallone final :d 

Alejandro Valverde's climbing times on Mur de Huy: 
2018: 2:52
2017: 2:53
2016: 2:52
2015: 2:53
2014: 2:41 (ALL-TIME RECORD)
2006: 2:51

It was good enough in 2006 + 2014-2017, but today Alaphilippe was stronger. 

That climb was really cool. When I see stages like that in small races I always wish those kind of climbs could be located in somewhere closer to France, Italy or Spain so one day they could be used in a grand tour. That said, it was still great to watch. 

+1 for that climb :bowdown:

Both the battle and the scenery were awesome :bowdown:

Edited by heywoodu