Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

VolleyRuller96

Volleyball 2018 Discussion Thread

52 minuti fa, VolleyRuller96 ha scritto:

As far as Italian league goes, I am a huge Modena and Civitanova fan, so my dream final would be between those two clubs :d Sadly one of them will be eliminated in semis :( 

Also I would not complain if a serious surprise would take place ( like in women's Poland Cup where a team from the II division defeated the winners from last year and advanced to semifinal.)

Yep, I'm ready for everything (or almost haha)!
I see Perugia so well right now, but who knows...

Alba Blaj in Champions League women final:clap: Can't believe this happened:bowdown:We beat Galatasaray:cool:

:ROU

• Like 2

My favourite club, PGE Skra Belchatow won Polish Championships yesterday after a win over Zaksa :d its the 1st time since 2014 and 9th overall :d

Also, last time they won the PlusLiga in 2014, our NT won gold at the World Championships. Now they win again and it's the world championship season... :evil:

FIVB  decided that there won't be any free streaming for the upcoming games of Nations League or the World Championship. :wall:

In the previous editions, people were able to watch the games for free on YouTube - the interest was huge even in the lower divisions (I remember a :TPEgame once had nearly 20.000 people viewing the livestream)  and the last edition of World League helped FIVB's channel get over 50.000  new subscribers.

But now, the FIVB decided that, in order to promote volleyball and reach even bigger global audience they are starting their own OTT channel (just as Netflix or Hulu). 

But wait , there is even more "great news", as according to American sources the yearly subscription will cost between 150-200 $:wacko:

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

FIVB  decided that there won't be any free streaming for the upcoming games of Nations League or the World Championship. :wall:

In the previous editions, people were able to watch the games for free on YouTube - the interest was huge even in the lower divisions (I remember a :TPEgame once had nearly 20.000 people viewing the livestream)  and the last edition of World League helped FIVB's channel get over 50.000  new subscribers.

But now, the FIVB decided that, in order to promote volleyball and reach even bigger global audience they are starting their own OTT channel (just as Netflix or Hulu). 

But wait , there is even more "great news", as according to American sources the yearly subscription will cost between 150-200 $:wacko:

I think it will be only second paid IF channel (after FEI TV).

• Like 1

I hate how many federations are becoming cash grabbers lately, they are disabling all free YouTube streaming just to win a few more bills. They don't realize they are losing lots of viewers and popularity.

I'm not paying them a cent.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LDOG said:

I hate how many federations are becoming cash grabbers lately, they are disabling all free YouTube streaming just to win a few more bills. They don't realize they are losing lots of viewers and popularity.

I'm not paying them a cent.

You’ll notice that most of my favorite sports all offer free streaming. I agree. How are you going to grow a sport if no one is watching? It’s dumb. Federations need to focus more on supporting the sports.

Edited by Olympian1010
Typo
  • Like 1

In their search for "global audience", FIVB has apparently decided to limi the Pay Per View channel to 12 countries only :lol: and such big volleyball markets like the United Kingdom and the New Zealand.

So there is literally no way for you to watch the games from Canada, Czech Republic, Netherlands and nearly 200 other countries, unless a TV station bought the  streaming rights

6 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

In their search for "global audience", FIVB has apparently decided to limi the Pay Per View channel to 12 countries only :lol: and such big volleyball markets like the United Kingdom and the New Zealand.

So there is literally no way for you to watch the games from Canada, Czech Republic, Netherlands and nearly 200 other countries, unless a TV station bought the  streaming rights

In Serbia, sportklub apparently has the rights for Nations League (don't know if it's only for women) and they are broadcasting live entire day today, so basicaly anyone can watch any match from the schedule

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nenad said:

In Serbia, sportklub apparently has the rights for Nations League (don't know if it's only for women) and they are broadcasting live entire day today, so basicaly anyone can watch any match from the schedule

but not everyone has that channel :d

1 minute ago, DaniSRB said:

but not everyone has that channel :d

yeah, but at this point i think many do have it. so arena lost one more thing they had last year