website statistics

Volleyball 2018 Discussion Thread

VolleyRuller96

According to some Slovenian sources (so still not official), 20 teams will participate in the European League this year, which will be split into two divisions: "GOLD" division with 12 teams and "SILVER" division with 8 teams.

Supposedly this are the groups of the GOLD division

Group A: :BEL:EST:SVK:SWE

Group B: :SLO:NED:TUR:UKR

Group C: :FIN:POR:CZE:ESP

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

4 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

According to some Slovenian sources (so still not official), 20 teams will participate in the European League this year, which will be split into two divisions: "GOLD" division with 12 teams and "SILVER" division with 8 teams.

Supposedly this are the groups of the GOLD division

Group A: :BEL:EST:SVK:SWE

Group B: :SLO:NED:TUR:UKR

Group C: :FIN:POR:CZE:ESP

our volleyball federation also mentioned it few weeks ago, there also a womens edition http://www.svf.sk/sk/archiv-sprav/detail-spravy/_slovaci-a-slovenky-spoznali-su

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, leli. said:

Just a curiosity, how many National Championships are you following? (if you're following any of them btw)

I watch Polish, German and Italian leagues on TV,or internet, and try to follow results of most european leagues :d not necesarily live score, but I try to follow the standings and news after each leg

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

On 20/1/2018 at 19:55, VolleyRuller96 said:

I watch Polish, German and Italian leagues on TV,or internet, and try to follow results of most european leagues :d not necesarily live score, but I try to follow the standings and news after each leg

Is the German league interesting? I never followed it much tbh :d ... I now watch the Italian Superlega and a bit of the Russian league (luckily they stream it for free) and try to follow the standings of some others (especially the Argentinian, French, Polish, Turkish and Brasilian leagues). 

I don't watch men's volleyball leagues (or any club competition) but this year in Poland we can watch women's Italian league, which is far more exciting than Polish "Only Chemik wins" league. Though if I was to choose who's more attractive, Bednarek-Kasza or Chirichella... ;)

I only watch our league when matches are shown on tv (a few every week), then Perugia occasionally. Don't really have time to watch more than that though I follow results and statistics of every team in the world that has an argentine player in it.

Oh, all this is men's volleyball. I don't watch women's at all, only follow national teams.

Edited by LDOG

8 hours ago, leli. said:

Is the German league interesting? I never followed it much tbh :d ... I now watch the Italian Superlega and a bit of the Russian league (luckily they stream it for free) and try to follow the standings of some others (especially the Argentinian, French, Polish, Turkish and Brasilian leagues). 

Yeah, it is really interesting to watch, it starts to be one of the better leagues in europe,especially Berlin and Friedrichshafen are very strong clubs, and they have really great atmosphere during the matches too :d

3 hours ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

Yeah, it is really interesting to watch, it starts to be one of the better leagues in europe,especially Berlin and Friedrichshafen are very strong clubs, and they have really great atmosphere during the matches too :d

Those are basically the only two teams I know of the German league :mumble::lol: thanks btw, I will try to take a look whenever I'll have the time!

+ As for women's matches I only follow Italian league tbh, especially my hometown's team.