website statistics

Boxing 2018 Discussion Thread

bestmen

Povetkin knocked out Price with a huge blow, some symbolic stuff there (Russian KO'ing a British fighter in GBR in these days) :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 ore fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

I have no idea of 2012, did he happen to fight an Italian? :d 

of course the biggest cheating happened in that final bout against Cammarelle (ITA), but the whole tournament was gifted to him by the corrupted judges (a few of them were even caught with their hands on the marmelade...ops...with money they shouldn't have on their accounts, I mean)...

in round 1, he met Erislandy Savon (CUB) and it was a robbery, then he had a controversial win against the Chinese Zhang...after that, he robbed Ivan Dychko (KAZ) in the semifinal bout and finally there was that Gold medal bout, which is in my opinion second only to Roy Jones Jr.'s scandal in Seoul 1988...

p.s. all those matches are still available on youtube...everybody can watch them...

40 minutes ago, phelps said:

of course the biggest cheating happened in that final bout against Cammarelle (ITA), but the whole tournament was gifted to him by the corrupted judges (a few of them were even caught with their hands on the marmelade...ops...with money they shouldn't have on their accounts, I mean)...

in round 1, he met Erislandy Savon (CUB) and it was a robbery, then he had a controversial win against the Chinese Zhang...after that, he robbed Ivan Dychko (KAZ) in the semifinal bout and finally there was that Gold medal bout, which is in my opinion second only to Roy Jones Jr.'s scandal in Seoul 1988...

p.s. all those matches are still available on youtube...everybody can watch them...

How about that Russian who got beat to a pulp by the Irish guy in Rio but still got the win, even though he got beat so bad he couldn't even enter the semi's :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 ora fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

How about that Russian who got beat to a pulp by the Irish guy in Rio but still got the win, even though he got beat so bad he couldn't even enter the semi's :lol:

well, we can say the same for all of Tischchenko's matches in Rio...he was literally driven to the Gold without deserving to win any single match he did fight...

the truth is that in the last 2 Olympics we've seen some of the most shameful episodes of the history of the Games in the Boxing tournaments...:evil:

after Beijing 2008 (and Milan 2009 Worlds, the last reasonably fair event) AIBA just fell down in a hole of "adjusted fights" and corruption that was rarely seen before (as I wrote, only in Seoul 1988 I saw even worse decisions)...:facepalm:

Edited by phelps

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, we can say the same for all of Tischchenko's matches in Rio...he was literally driven to the Gold without deserving to win any single match he did fight...

the truth is that in the last 2 Olympics we've seen some of the most shameful episodes of the history of the Games in the Boxing tournaments...:evil:

after Beijing 2008 (and Milan 2009 Worlds, the last reasonably fair event) AIBA just fell down in a hole of "adjusted fights" and corruption that was rarely seen before (as I wrote, only in Seoul 1988 I saw even worse decisions)...:facepalm:

And still it's not kicked out of the Olympics yet :lol:

1 minuto fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

And still it's not kicked out of the Olympics yet :lol:

I guess that if they don't get kicked out this time after all the troubles with former president from Taipei and the Uzbek mafia man who actually controlled all the AIBA operations, they won't get kicked out anymore for the rest of the Olympic history...:facepalm:

I don't know what else can they do to make it worse than now...:wall:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jessica Triebeľová became for the 3rd time in a row Junior European champion in the -57kg class. :bowdown: what a unbelievable talent she is, she is just writing the history of Slovak Boxing, just still hoping she will not move to compete for Azerbaijan, since they are still hardly trying to naturalize her

All in all, she (if she qualify) may be clearly our best and probably only hope of medal at the youth olympics this year

uHduK7wuSKKRgKn67jk8yg~Slovenk-reprezent