website statistics

Boxing 2018 Discussion Thread

bestmen

54 minutes ago, NaBUru38 said:

Anthony Joshua defeated Alexander Povetkin. The next rival should be the winner of the semi-announced Deontay WIlder vs Tyson Fury fight, set for December.

Or the IFB mandatory, who could be Kubrat Pulev, again. :d

11 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Or the IFB mandatory, who could be Kubrat Pulev, again. :d

Joshua mentioned he didn't have any mandatories to get out of the way now :p 

For boxing's sake I hope he's right, those mandatories are annoying when they delay the big fights forever and ever :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...

Most bizarre story of the year.

Mario Melo, the former Argentine professional light heavyweight champion who once challenged for a world title, has died after collapsing at a croissant eating contest in Pinamar. Argentina.

It's possible he choked to death.

2 ore fa, Dragon ha scritto:

Most bizarre story of the year.

Mario Melo, the former Argentine professional light heavyweight champion who once challenged for a world title, has died after collapsing at a croissant eating contest in Pinamar. Argentina.

It's possible he choked to death.

on the Italian press they say he had diabetis...and he went to a croissaint's eaters contest...:yikes::facepalm:

probably he died because of a glycemic peak...

he was a genius, I guess...

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

on the Italian press they say he had diabetis...and he went to a croissaint's eaters contest...:yikes::facepalm:

probably he died because of a glycemic peak...

he was a genius, I guess...

Maybe he was, until he got into boxing...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

and even a Slovak boxer in the first page headline of the EUBC website ! oh man, that´s something ! never thought I´ll experience something like that in my life :lol:

http://www.eubcboxing.org/news/slovakias-andrej-csemez-advanced-to-the-semi-finals-at-the-eubc-european-union-boxing-championships/

18 minutes ago, hckosice said:

2 Assured medals for :SVK boxing at the European Championships ! wow :yikes:

Matúš Strnisko -81kg and Andrej Csemez -75kg both qualified for the semifinals and assured medals. Well done guys :cheer:

Wait, I thought that was last year and next year, but not this year? :p 

24 minuti fa, hckosice ha scritto:

and even a Slovak boxer in the first page headline of the EUBC website ! oh man, that´s something ! never thought I´ll experience something like that in my life :lol:

http://www.eubcboxing.org/news/slovakias-andrej-csemez-advanced-to-the-semi-finals-at-the-eubc-european-union-boxing-championships/

it's the European Union Championships...:evil::p

so, it's just a half-tournament without the real owners of EUBC (the Russians and their "friends")...