website statistics

Beach Volleyball 2018 Discussion Thread

George_D

27 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

This is exactly why I think the "summer" in Summer Olympic Games is a farce. Not only indoor sports (volleyball, gymnastics) do not depend on the weather, even sports that were supposed to be played on the beach can be replicated in an indoor environment. 

Maybe why most people (at least here) talk about the Winter Olympics and the Olympics instead of the Winter Olympics and Summer Olympics :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 godzinę temu, thiago_simoes napisał:

This is exactly why I think the "summer" in Summer Olympic Games is a farce. Not only indoor sports (volleyball, gymnastics) do not depend on the weather, even sports that were supposed to be played on the beach can be replicated in an indoor environment. 

Well, you can say the same about Winter Olympics. Today hockey, curling and all skating are indoor sports (at least at the olympics). Hockey World Championships are in may! Maybe we should have Summer Olympics, Winter Olympics and Indoor Olympics now ;) 

Edited by Col_Frost

3 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

Well, you can say the same about Winter Olympics. Today hockey, curling and all skating are indoor sports (at least at the olympics). Hockey World Championships are in may! Maybe we should have Summer Olympics, Winter Olympics and Indoor Olympics now ;) 

That would allow us to add a lot more sports, especially an indoor games

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

Or start doing the skating outdoors :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Excuse me but some sports can't be played outdoors during the entire calendar year in every corner of the globe. I'm sure there's no need to play beach volleyball indoors in Brazil but majority of the world doesn't have that luxury. Hence it's not really a farce.

19 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

If Indoor Olympics becomes a thing, there should also be an Outdoor Olympics. :p 

Sometimes I'm glad IOC doesn't go for some prosals written here. :)

"Indoor Olympics", come on...

Summer sports are designed for summer conditions if moved outdoors (or at least it's heavily preferrable to play them during warmer months). Just because some reasons (khm... money) want to have them held all-year round, doesn't mean they stop being summer sports.

Winter sports are designed for colder months, and can't be played in their true form otherwise.

#banbestmen

34 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Excuse me but some sports can't be played outdoors during the entire calendar year in every corner of the globe. I'm sure there's no need to play beach volleyball indoors in Brazil but majority of the world doesn't have that luxury. Hence it's not really a farce.

IGBhj9m.gif

Also, possibly a mod could move this to a general Olympic thread or something, it's not really a beach volleyball discussion anymore :lol: