website statistics

Basketball 2018 Discussion Thread

Yannakis

This reminds me of last year's athletics world youth champs in Nairobi in terms of atmosphere :bowdown:

Yet another bit of evidence the attempt of Rwanda to bring the road cycling world champs to Kigali should be taken very seriously. Bring in some experienced outside help for the organization to avoid the usual Africa Games kind of stuff, the atmosphere will be incredible. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

You're watching African Under-18 women's basketball and still there's no escaping this...

Spoiler

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

Believe it or not, this is the first time I've played this video.

Me too, I spent a good 5 minutes to find the right song (searching for 'bailando contigo lyrics' led to an apparently rather large amount of Spanish songs about 'dancing with me' :p ), because I only heard it on the radio a billion times without looking at the title or singer :d 

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Believe it or not, this is the first time I've played this video.

It's not my first time:p My spanish teacher loved this song so much. She said she liked the melody, but we all knew she had a crush on Enrique Iglesias

Someone give that number 4 of Mali a sandwich or something...she's almost putting negative mass on the scales.

Edited by heywoodu

FIBA knows how to bring their sport to people, even the African U18 championships have live streams. We knew that for the women, but now the men have them too on their YouTube channel :p 

In 2 hours from now, Mali starts their first game against Guinea, let's see if the atmosphere will be just as awesome (it was already a bit loud at Uganda - DR Congo, so I have high hopes :d).

Just now, Federer91 said:

Too bad they can't do anything else for the sport and get their ass whipped by corporations left and right. :d 

True but at least we can actually see the sport for free :p 

Mali is destroying Guinea so far and the venue is.....LOUD :d 

Spoiler

Edited by heywoodu