website statistics

Baseball 2018 Discussion Thread

phelps

13 ore fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Maybe early in the morning or somewhere in the evening, but other than that for now it seems to be rain, rain, rain and rain in Hoofddorp tomorrow. I don't know if they play when the rain is not very strong, in that case it might be ok in the afternoon. Kinda wet, but ok.

yeah, if there's just a light rain the game could be played, but I'm not sure that any of the 2 teams want to take any risk at the end of the season in a game and in a tournament that does not add anything to their palmares (and the point difference between 1st and 2nd in the world ranking are not gonna change anything for both Nations)...:mumble:

and here we go...game rained out...:cry::facepalm:

so, the Netherlands win the tournament based on Round Robin results, Italy are 2nd and Spain 3rd...:evil::pope:

I'm really disappointed...I'd really have liked to watch another chapter of the "neverending story" between NED and ITA...

24 minutes ago, phelps said:

and here we go...game rained out...:cry::facepalm:

so, the Netherlands win the tournament based on Round Robin results, Italy are 2nd and Spain 3rd...:evil::pope:

I'm really disappointed...I'd really have liked to watch another chapter of the "neverending story" between NED and ITA...

Kingdom of the Netherlands*

#banbestmen

18 minutes ago, dcro said:

Kingdom of the Netherlands*

+ Italian Republic and Kingdom of Spain

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...

Promotional video for the upcoming U-23 World Cup in Colombia:

Twelve countries will compete at the Championships, from October 19th to 28th.

Japan, Chinese Taipei, Mexico, The Netherlands, hosts Colombia and South Africa will play in Group A. Group B will consist of South Korea, Australia, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, Dominican Republic and Czech Republic.

This event is the last opportunity to qualify a senior team for next year's Premier12, which offers 2 places at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.

Edited by wumo26

Just now, wumo26 said:

This event is the last opportunity to qualify a senior team for next year's Premier12, which offers 2 places at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.

Do the junior handball world championships by any chance contribute to qualifying for the Olympics? Or this year's football women's U17 World Cup? :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Do the junior handball world championships by any chance contribute to qualifying for the Olympics? Or this year's football women's U17 World Cup? :) 

No, but U23 Worlds in mountain bike will give direct Olympic spots... :facepalm:

#banbestmen

U-23 World Cup gives points to the world ranking, which gives the top 12 nations a place at the Premier12 next year.

The World Ranking system is really something special:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/media/file/38545/BASEBALL-WORLD-RANKING-POINTS-METHODOLOGY.pdf

Even the under-12 World Cup counts towards the ranking. So you must hope your country have some good baseball players at the age of 10-11 :lol:

Edited by wumo26

in any case, the world ranking is pretty much decided for 2018...the top 11 oin the current ranking are already mathematically safe in the Premier 12 of 2019...the only position that could change is the 12th and last...and only if Colombia win the sub-23 world cup and the Dominican Republic end up in 11th or 12th place, which is one of the most improbable combination people could even imagine...