website statistics

Athletics 2018 Discussion Thread

bestmen

14 hours ago, Dunadan said:

Which is sad. Some of the people here who follow the sport of cricket may remember his father, Winston Benjamin, who was a fast bowler for Antigua and the West Indies.

I've been away from here for a bit, but there was a lot of Athletics news for team Lithuania.

Andrius Gudžius broke his PB two times and it's 69.59 now. Adding to that, he won one diamond league meeting and placed 2nd in two others.

Airinė Palšytė is starting her season soon after a long hiatus.

Two Lithuanian records were broken, both more than 20+ years old: 1500m. Simas Bertašius 3:40.41 and 200m. Agnė Šerkšnienė 23.21. Agnė has also ran 400m. in 51.32 bringing her up to second in the European ranking and a potential medalist at ECH with only her second competitive season after giving birth.

On top of that, Athletics level is rising in our country as many youth and junior records are being broken left & right and center in disciplines such as 100m/200m. women, men and women discus, 800m. boys, pole vault boys and girls, men's shot put, women's 400m. Hurdles, Heptathlon, Decathlon and others.

On top of that, there are still more senior records that are in danger for this season, not counting the ones that have already been improved: Men's marathon, women's 400m., women's triple jump, hammer throw, race walk 20/50km and some less likely ones such as men's/women's javelin throw, women's high jump.

Where can I find full results of Ostrava? I'm feeling lazy as shit :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Today was the first day of the Baltic Athletics Match and Latvian President's Cup. It was a pretty amazing day for Team Lithuania.

Simas Bertašius improved his 1500m. PB to 3:49.88, so the Lithuanian record is improved again this year and this time is enough for the European Championship qualification, so the record might still be improved this season.

High class results in the javelin, our youngster and national record holder Edis Matusevičius after some injuries and complications had a 76m. SB prior to today and improved it to 82.67, only two meters away from his record. On the women's side, Liveta Jasiūnaitė also broke her PB and threw 61.61, getting closer to the national record as well.

There are three PB's that I'd also like to mention: Akvilė Andriukaitytė 11.73 in women's 100m. and that's her second U20 discipline qualification, Diana Zagainova - U23 athlete jumped 13.74 in the triple jump, only 0.16 away from the ECH standard. Finally, a bit of surprise, Skirmantas Šimoliūnas threw the javelin at 79.56 and was very close to the ECH standard as well. He was a 77m. thrower with a 73m. SB prior to today.

After such an eventful day, I'm expecting a lot of great action tomorrow as well.