website statistics

Athletics 2018 Discussion Thread

bestmen

IAAF should focus on getting statistics and results and everything in order, which is taking forever after they took over All-athletics..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

is it clear how they will treat injured athletes or will they just disappear after a while from the list?

That would it make very difficult for some athletes with injuries in 2019/2020 to qualify. 

Also what if someone does not have 5 results in 12 months? 

In general I actually like the system, but don't get the categories of competition, they seem weird

vor 13 Minuten schrieb prso1000:

is it clear how they will treat injured athletes or will they just disappear after a while from the list?

That would it make very difficult for some athletes with injuries in 2019/2020 to qualify.  

Injured athletes with less than five competitions are not listed. I looked for Cindy Roleder, who was injured in 2017, and didn't find her anywhere.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

vor 46 Minuten schrieb EselTheDonkey:

Injured athletes with less than five competitions are not listed. I looked for Cindy Roleder, who was injured in 2017, and didn't find her anywhere.

Yes, I also found out even if you have for example 5 results in 60m hurdles, you are not listed as you need at least one result in the main discipline (100mH)

vor 7 Minuten schrieb prso1000:

Yes, I also found out even if you have for example 5 results in 60m hurdles, you are not listed as you need at least one result in the main discipline (100mH)

In most disciplines you need 3 results in main events. Exceptions are only the long distance runs and the multi events.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

Interesting Moroccan flag for number 14 :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!