website statistics

[POLL] How was your 2017 speaking about Sports only?

vlad

How was your 2017 speaking about Sports only?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How was your 2017 speaking about Sports only?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/06/2019 at 01:00 AM

Well, I decided that I have to vote 'good' for Lithuania. Even though we got a world champion in Athletics and one world champion in indoor Athletics, a decent amount of medals from Swimming and a gold from Rowing, there were just some disciplines that did not go too well for us and I'd say that they outsway the good results, so I couldn't vote for 'very good'.

For me it was good, I've seen a lot of awesome sports and many close competitions. Fantastic moments like Takuma Sato winning the Indy 500, Lowell Bailey becoming world champion in biathlon or Trinidad & Tobago beating the US in the 4x400m at the world championships :)

So, good.

That's a whole lot more important than thinking about how it was for my country, which I guess was ok, I don't really know :p Like always: good things, bad things, ok things. 

Since it's 2 questions but only one poll, I'm voting only for how it was for me :)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:ITA:thumbdown: (very bad)

• :redcard:Fail the qualifying at Fifa World Cup 2018 :spank:
  • Out at quartefinals at Volley Euro (both: Men & Women) :cry::cry:
  • Out at quartefinals at FINA WC  (both: Men & Women)

Something good :  16 medals (4-3-9) at FINA WC 2017 & Motocross World Championship:  Tony Cairoli (men) and Kiara Fontanesi (Women)

Disastrous.

14th in Ice Hockey World Championships ans very close of relegation until the very last minutes of the last match of Italy is by far the (not only my) worst sports memory of the past year.

The whole affair around Matej Tóth, with troubles in his biological passport caused after the surgery he had to submit, resulting in the undeserved suspension, the guy had to sit and wait at home the whole season. Only in December came the announcement that he did nothing wrong and is innocent and is free to compete...okay, but who will return him back this whole lost season and the missed chance to retain his World Champion title ?

The Under 21 Football Euro, another terrible experience and second robbery for our young players, maybe the best ever generation we had and will ever have, after missed the fight for Rio thanks shameful refereeing in the play-off. missed the EURO semifinals thanks a doubtful draw in the last pool match between GER and ITA.

And ofc Peter Sagan excluded from the Tour de France. Now the organizers and UCI announced he was innocent, but once again who will return him back the chance to enter the history winning the 6th green jersey in a row..

so yeah... disastrous year, hopefully the next one will be much better

32 minutes ago, Henry_Leon said:

:ITA:thumbdown: (very bad)

• :redcard:Fail the qualifying at Fifa World Cup 2018 :spank:

Oh yeah, I forgot this for the Netherlands as well :d 

Oh well, seeing fantastic sports is the main priority for most sports fans I hope, the flag behind or in front of the names is just secondary. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The poll really needs two separate questions...

As argentine sport fan not much happened this year to be honest, so i don't know.

As for sport in general not many events of my interest were held this year... I enjoyed the aquatics wch and fencing wch but that's about it. The handball wchs were a disaster for both our teams so it made me lost interest early in them despite I like Handball.

So in sum a meh year for me, I guess I will vote "satisfactory".

only satisfactory - pure numbers are ok but this is only a post-olympic season

situation in our olympic team sports, terrible affair in cycling federation + some other factors were a key to such conclusion

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

11 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I thought Kuzmina would help raise this up to at least "bad" :mumble:

yeah, sure there were also some very good moments this year, no doubts. to mentioning only some of them, The first ever Alpine Skiing World Championships medal for us, with the silver in the Mixed Event, + really good representation with many podiums and great performances by our women´s Slalom crew around Vlhová and Velez-Zuzulová.

Kuzmina´s return to her traditional Olympic year shape is also a great moment, since she missed two complete seasons (after agreement with our federation) due maternal duties and last season without solid and complete summer preparation she competed only in few races in order to help our team to grab points for the WOG qualification, but this summer she finally had the full complete and good preparation and it was known in the first this seasons trimester. Also Peter Sagan winning the 3rd World Champion title in a row is a quite notable achievement. so if you ask me if we can be satisfied with our sports results this year, I must say yes. but all the cases mentioned in my previous post are still hard to digest, there were too many (in most cases undesrved and unfair) bad things we couldn´t do anything with them..so tha´t´s why in overall I pick --disastrous