website statistics

Brazil National Thread

Felipe

For those interested, the Brazilian mountainbike championships will be shown live here today:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdIn7oQR5AhIMokVIRRZVqg/videos

Most interesting is the women's race, Raiza Goulão vs Jaqueline Mourão. Mourão really wants to go to her umpteenth Olympics, no matter what, which is why she came back to MTB. In the World Cup this season Raiza has so far definitely been better than her, but apparently she has sustained a rather painful knee injury recently. I hope that'll be ok today and she can beat Mourão again, so, vamos Raiza :cheer:

The day starts at 12:00 Brasilia time with the women's senior and U23 + men's junior race (they all start together), later followed by the men's senior and U23.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

For those interested, the Brazilian mountainbike championships will be shown live here today:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdIn7oQR5AhIMokVIRRZVqg/videos

Most interesting is the women's race, Raiza Goulão vs Jaqueline Mourão. Mourão really wants to go to her umpteenth Olympics, no matter what, which is why she came back to MTB. In the World Cup this season Raiza has so far definitely been better than her, but apparently she has sustained a rather painful knee injury recently. I hope that'll be ok today and she can beat Mourão again, so, vamos Raiza :cheer:

The day starts at 12:00 Brasilia time with the women's senior and U23 + men's junior race (they all start together), later followed by the men's senior and U23.

You really don't like Mourao, do you? :p

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

You really don't like Mourao, do you? :p

I'm a little tired of all the 'she is the greatest hero ever who keeps writing history' stuff :p 

I am definitely eternally grateful for her managing to get my girlfriend the heart surgery that made her be able to return to being an athlete years ago, don't get me wrong :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

That's gonna be an easy win for Mourão: Goulão suffered a mechanical issue right at the start of the first full lap, had to walk/run for several minutes and then had an awfully slow bike exchange, so that's over within 10 minutes.

• 2 months later...

Isabel Clark is/was training with a 12-year old para-snowboarder :)

Para quem estiver interessado nos Jogos Olímpicos da Juventude, o SporTV 3 terá programação diária dedicada a diversos eventos (em especial aqueles que têm participação dos brasileiros).

Spoiler

Sábado, dia 06/10

20h - Cerimônia de Abertura

Domingo, dia 07/10

14h - Futsal
18h - Natação
19h15 - Judô
20h15 - Levantamento de Peso

Segunda-feira, dia 08/10

10h - Natação
14h - Futsal
15h - Judô
18h - Natação
20h - Levantamento de Peso

Domingo, dia 07/10

14h - Futsal
18h - Natação
19h15 - Judô
20h15 - Levantamento de Peso

Segunda-feira, dia 08/10

10h - Natação
14h - Futsal
15h - Judô
18h - Natação
20h - Levantamento de Peso

Terça-feira, dia 09/10

10h20 - Natação
14h - Taekwondo
19h40 - Natação

Quarta-feira, dia 10/10

10h20 - Natação
14h - Futsal
18h - Natação
19h40 - Taekwondo

Quinta-feira, dia 11/10

10h - Natação
14h30 - Atletismo
19h15 - Ginástica Artística
21h05 - Futsal

Sexta-feira, dia 12/10

10h - Natação
15h - Atletismo
18h - Natação

Sábado, dia 13/10

14h30 - Atletismo
17h50 - Ginástica Artística
20h - Ginástica Artística

Domingo, dia 14/10

14h - Atletismo
22h30 - Ginástica Artística

Segunda-feira, dia 15/10

19h - Atletismo
23h30 - Ginástica Artística

Terça-feira, dia 16/10

14h - Atletismo
18h15 - Ginástica Artística

Quarta-feira, dia 17/10

10h - Vôlei de Praia Masculino
14h - Vôlei de Praia Feminino

Quinta-feira, dia 18/10

10h - Futsal
20h - Cerimônia de Encerramento

6 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Nice! I think Brazil can have great results in winter para sports in the future.

I have no doubt. In fact, I would go so far as to say a medal is very much possible in 2022, if you see Cristian Ribera finished 6th and 9th in Pyeongchang (only a little over a minute behind the medals in a 40+ minute competition) and when he did so.....he was only 15! That kid's special. 

• 1 month later...