website statistics

Luge at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

Just now, vinipereira said:

Is this the first medal for a non-european (Mazdzer) in this event (Men's singles) at the Olympics?

It is. Duncan Kennedy came closest, crashed in Lillehammer after being in medal position. Now his protege brought the redemption. :)

#banbestmen

4 minuty temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

Agree, but what is the bigger surprise among the following two?

1) Loch losing gold

2) Neither Fourcade nor Boe winning a medal

Loch losing gold, still. It's not like he was nowhere after three runs. We've seen favorites' meltdown in biathlon before. Luge is like the most predictable winter sports event these days.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

Although this season Loch has been doing exactly this time and time again. But yeah, didn't expect him to throw that away. 

What do you mean? Him choking in the last run or him not winning in general?

Before 2010 olympics he won 1 world cup, before 2014 olympics he won 5 world cups, before this olympics he won 3 world cups, i don't really see much of a trend to be honest.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Tactical loss from Loch to shut up the people who want to eliminate luge from the olympics? :mumble:

For me this sport, as well as bob and skeleton and probably ski jumping/nordic combined should still be eliminated, way too expensive.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

7 minut temu, dcro napisał:

It is. Duncan Kennedy came closest, crashed in Lillehammer after being in medal position. Now his protege brought the redemption. :)

Among those who were ranked, Tony Benshoof finished 4th in Torino 2006 and Wendell Suckow 5th in Lillehammer 1994.

1 minutę temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

Tactical loss from Loch to shut up the people who want to eliminate luge from the olympics? :mumble:

For me this sport, as well as bob and skeleton and probably ski jumping/nordic combined should still be eliminated, way too expensive.

Luge/Bobsleigh is by far most expensive. I mean they hardly use those ex-Olympic venues. Is the Cesena track even operational these days?

I've read that some people push for the natural luge tracks to be introduced to the Olympics but that would mean kicking out bobsleigh. So I don't see that happening.

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Luge/Bobsleigh is by far most expensive. I mean they hardly use those ex-Olympic venues. Is the Cesena track even operational these days?

I've read that some people push for the natural luge tracks to be introduced to the Olympics but that would mean kicking out bobsleigh. So I don't see that happening.

Cesana track is closed since years, we haven't a track in Italy

1 minutę temu, Gianlu33 napisał:

Cesana track is closed since years, we haven't a track in Italy

Yeah, I thought so. I've heard it like 5-6 years ago but our TV experts claim that Italians still train at both Cortina/Cesena. I mean Cortina was still natural or more like concrete? I can't believe it's still out there?

I mean I've heard the Pragelato ski jumping hill complex is also done?