website statistics

Luge at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

FIL published something. http://www.fil-luge.org/cdn/uploads/rankinglist-luge-pyeongchang2018-2.pdf

So much for spreading unusued team quotas "equally"...

Plenty of potential for men's singles realloactions. :FRA:KAZ:MDA:SWE are the first four in line (all of whom would get it if SLO/GBR decline all of their places). Sweden won't accept it, so it would move down to :POR !

#banbestmen

If I'm not mistaken, Italy's team will be announced today and Austria's team next week. As for the Germans, it looks like Loch, Ludwig and Langenhan are going to be the men's choices, don't know about the doubles yet but I suppose that should be Geisenberger, Hüfner (if recovered from injury) and Eitberger. What's left is the doubles, which will normally be Wendl/Arlt and Eggert/Benecken. Too bad Geueke/Gamm's impressive run is just a tiny bit too late to really have a shot to clinch one of the two places in Pyeongchang.

As for Italy, I'm really curious about the team, especially the choices for the two doubles sleds. Oberstolz/Gruber and Rieder/Rastner have the experience, but teenagers Nagler/Malleier simply deserve the place more than anyone this season.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If I'm not mistaken, Italy's team will be announced today and Austria's team next week. As for the Germans, it looks like Loch, Ludwig and Langenhan are going to be the men's choices, don't know about the doubles yet but I suppose that should be Geisenberger, Hüfner (if recovered from injury) and Eitberger. What's left is the doubles, which will normally be Wendl/Arlt and Eggert/Benecken. Too bad Geueke/Gamm's impressive run is just a tiny bit too late to really have a shot to clinch one of the two places in Pyeongchang.

As for Italy, I'm really curious about the team, especially the choices for the two doubles sleds. Oberstolz/Gruber and Rieder/Rastner have the experience, but teenagers Nagler/Malleier simply deserve the place more than anyone this season.

German team is basically completed...

they have Wendl/Arlt and Eggert/Benecken in the Doubles, Geisenberger + Eitberger + Hufner (Taubitz just in case...) in the Women's Singles and Loch + Ludwig + Langenhan in the Men's Singles (those 3 are officially named in the BSD-Portal in the news article about Saturday's race: here)...

the Italian squad, meanwhile, is quite a mystery yet...

I bet on Oberstolz/Gruber and the youngsters Nagler/Malleier getting the 2 Doubles spots...

the Fischnallers are sure in the Men's Single, but frankly I don't know if they would go with Theo Gruber instead of Emanuel Rieder for the 3rd sled (I think Rieder has the advantage of a better feeling with the Korean track, as shown last year in the World Cup stage and at the start of this season in the International Training Week organized by FIL)...:mumble:

among the Women, my guess thay are going to select just Voetter and Robatscher (meanwhile I'd give it a shot to Verena Hofer, too...even if she's only 16 years young, she's so dominant in the youth events that she should make this Olympic experience, since it would be propedeutical for the next time round, where she's supposed to be already among the top class lugers)...