website statistics

Luge at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

George_D

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Looks like :GEO Georgia has already received their men's luge quota.

They will have 4 athletes in total (use translate). http://geonoc.org.ge/index.php?lang_id=GEO&sec_id=38&info_id=1875

I have big doubts about this. I don't think it can be correct

31 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I have big doubts about this. I don't think it can be correct

Well, Slovenia wouldn't have acceoted it either way, so at this point it doesn't matter if GBR has officially declined it or not.

Also I doubt Wikipedia is correct. For whatever reason they only have 38 men's athletes listed, instead of 40.

#banbestmen

20 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, Slovenia wouldn't have acceoted it either way, so at this point it doesn't matter if GBR has officially declined it or not.

Also I doubt Wikipedia is correct. For whatever reason they only have 38 men's athletes listed, instead of 40.

I don't think the FIL will officially confirm the quotas until January 1

3 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I don't think the FIL will officially confirm the quotas until January 1

I'm sure they already contacted the federations though. I remember @hckosice writing somewhere that Slovakia was given a certain amount of quotas.

#banbestmen

On 2017. 12. 24. at 11:13, heywoodu said:

It does affect Demchenko actually, since he's been the coach for quite a while now (at least to his daughter Viktoria, I'm not 100% sure about the entire team but he's quite often there at World Cups).

They are not banned from World Cups yet, that is up to the international federation FIL. They may or may not be banned, but if there was a World Cup competition this weekend, they'd be free to compete/be there.

As per fil-luge.org:

"Berchtesgaden (RWH). The International Luge Federation (FIL) has been informed by Disciplinary Commission of the International Olympic Committee about the decision in the proceedings against Tatyana Ivanova and Albert Demchenko. The Anti-Doping Commission of the FIL will contemporary deliberate in a hearing the further process. This was published by the FIL office on December 23 in Berchtesgaden."

http://www.fil-luge.org/en/news/anti-doping-commission-of-the-fil-to-deliberate

You are right about A. Demchenko, if "convicted" by FIL, he might be banned as a coach from World Cup as well.

How this reallocation of quotas work? 

Currently it is clear who gets the 38 male, 28 female and 18 doubles quotas. They add then two quotas in female and doubles to form relays. 

There are two quotas left which were reserved for relays and actually were reserved for men for the purpose to form a relay. 

Will this two quotas be allocated  to men or equally among genders? 

3 hours ago, prso1000 said:

How this reallocation of quotas work? 

Currently it is clear who gets the 38 male, 28 female and 18 doubles quotas. They add then two quotas in female and doubles to form relays. 

There are two quotas left which were reserved for relays and actually were reserved for men for the purpose to form a relay. 

Will this two quotas be allocated  to men or equally among genders? 

Document says that they'll be divided equally between the three disciplines. 1 for men and 1 for women looks like the most equal spreading of the 2 remaining quotas, but who knows.

#banbestmen

vor 1 Stunde schrieb dcro:

Document says that they'll be divided equally between the three disciplines. 1 for men and 1 for women looks like the most equal spreading of the 2 remaining quotas, but who knows.

Such an approach would mean quota for Croatia, right?