website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 News Road to Paris 2024

Il y a 2 heures, heywoodu a dit :

Or how often do you see the official organizing committee spelling even the IOC abbreviation in their own language? Then again, it's France, one can be surprised they even have an (somewhat broken) English tweet on this :p 

Well, settle for it, one can argue that one official language is more than enough to give informations :d

Tahiti is a fine location for surfing. They won’t bring in too many athletes, officials and spectators. It won’t be good for in person spectating but so what, the Olympics are mostly a TV event anyway.

It may sound ridiculous but it actually makes a lot of sense. The most important thing for a surfing venue is the quality of the waves. For the time of year this venue has the best waves anywhere in France.

I am really happy that Olympic surfing appears to be treated with the respect it deserves.

LA2028 Should have great local surfing unless we do something really dumb. My picks for surfing would be: “World Famous” Santa Monica/Venice Beach, Newport Beach, Santa Barbara area, Slater Wave Pool. It would be cool to have the event at Mavericks, but it’s the wrong time of year (Plus, Mavericks is known for killing people so...). I’ll be interested to see what venue we up end going with.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, dcro said:

To be fair, it's the athletes that miss out too, not just the spectators...

I remember reading how a number of equestrian athletes felt left out during 2008 Olympics (even if there was a small cauldron in Hong Kong).

You just need someone good at planning and the little things. Ideally you’d put surfing on the second week so athletes can make the opening ceremony and have some time in Paris around games time. Then the venue at Tahiti should be done up the same as others, complete with a cauldron that was lit during the torch relay (maybe during the time that the WSL visited the island during that season). Even then though, it still feels somewhat empty I agree.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Beach Handball, Coastal Rowing, and Parkour are among the events put forward for inclusion in 2024. Final decision on the Paris 2024 program will probably be made in December. This is all according to reporting from Inside the Games.