website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 News Road to Paris 2024

Just now, dcro said:

"The 2024 logo has immediately prompted criticism and mockery. Many people have pointed out that the logo basically looks like a chic Paris woman with bobbed hair and lipstick. Brits have mocked it as resembling Welsh actress Ruth Jones - better known as Nessa in hit TV show Gavin and Stacey. Others say it looks like Lisa Simpson. However there has also been plenty of support for it."

And not one mention of Goku :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently Tahiti has become the frontrunner to host the surfing events and Chamonix is becoming heavily considered to host the mountain bikes ones (because wink wink Chamonix 1924)

I don't I like any of these :nopompom:

Edited by De_Gambassi

Just now, De_Gambassi said:

Apparently Tahiti has become the frontrunner to host the surfing events and Chamonix is becoming heavily considered to host the mountain bikes ones (because wink wink Chamonix 2024)

What's with the 'wink wink Chamonix 2024'?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Apparently Tahiti has become the frontrunner to host the surfing events and Chamonix is becoming heavily considered to host the mountain bikes ones (because wink wink Chamonix 1924)

I'm really asking myself what's going on in the IOC and Paris Organizing Committee's minds?

I thought Tokyo 2020 was easily getting the title of "worst Olympics ever", but I see that Paris is fighting hard to win that already 5 years before their Games...:cry::(:facepalm::wall:

il y a 33 minutes, phelps a dit :

I'm really asking myself what's going on in the IOC and Paris Organizing Committee's minds?

I thought Tokyo 2020 was easily getting the title of "worst Olympics ever", but I see that Paris is fighting hard to win that already 5 years before their Games...:cry::(:facepalm::wall:

Well, you're not going to watch it anyway (because of breackdancing, remember), so it isn't much of a problem for you :whistle:

35 minutes ago, dcro said:

On the bright side, this reduces the schedule conflict a tiny bit. :p

Yes, instead of not watching the surfing held in mainland France, I can now switch that with not watching the surfing held in Tahiti :p