website statistics

Athletes Retirements Thread

phelps

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I really dislike her personality. I will not miss her. At all. 

Now I'm curious :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 05/05/2018 at 08:56, heywoodu said:

Anna Fernstädt (skeleton), only 21 years and the reigning world junior champion..

https://www.facebook.com/annafernstaedt/posts/987957661363589

Skeleton = random retirements + random comebacks.

She'll be back.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Skeleton = random retirements + random comebacks.

She'll be back.

In about 2 years? :bounce:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 horas atrás, vinipereira disse:

Seriously? In a sport full of athletes I can't personally stand, she was one of the few I really really liked.

The  thing is she used to be a lot vocal about getting a second gold medal at the Olympics. I can't forget her face and attitude when she turned to the camera after the last point was scored in the final match and kept saying "cala a boca" (shut up) instead of being humble and celebrating like a real champ. 

21 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

The thing is she used to be a lot vocal about getting a second gold medal at the Olympics. I can't forget her face and attitude when she turned to the camera after the last point was scored in the final match and kept saying "cala a boca" (shut up) instead of being humble and celebrating like a real champ. 

I don't think a moment should define her carreer, but honestly, if there was a moment where she shouldn't be humble, it was that. Remember, the situation needs to be put in context. After barely qualifying in the first stage, the team got a LOT of crap from Volleyball fans, which (frankly) the team didn't deserve. So after coming back from nothing to win a gold medal, I think it was more than fair to say a few harsh words for the people who didn't believe in them.