website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

17 minutes ago, dcro said:

I wonder if that particular venue had any real snowfall in the last 100 years. :p

Definitely not, science is cool :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, NearPup said:

...I actually really like the industrial landscape.

It fits well with the whole big air thing. The industrial landscape has as much to do with a healthy lifestyle as the big air with the Olympics :evil: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Definitely not, science is cool :yes

I too can not wait for the Doha Winter Olympics somewhere in July.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I too can not wait for the Doha Winter Olympics somewhere in July.

They don’t have hills, even the best architects couldn’t make hills big enough for downhill. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

They don’t have hills, even the best architects couldn’t make hills big enough for downhill. 

They don't need a hill if they can dig a hole deep enough for a downhill :evil:

Just now, heywoodu said:

They don't need a hill if they can dig a hole deep enough for a downhill :evil:

Didn’t think about that...I’ll pass that along to the IOC and Qatari government for you :yes

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the IOC is starting to fear a boycott. Pound basically said so, and all of sudden Bach wants to share “sad memories” about the 1980 boycott.

Just now, rybak said:

What reason?

imo: Because China is a real shitty country that is the "crybaby" of the planet.

But now horror stories are coming out from the genocide taking place of the Uighur people in Northwest China, and the horrible human rights situation there.