website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 News

42 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Pyeongchang had three sections that were key: exit turn 2, turn 9 chicane, uphill stretch before final turn. I also saw people have problems quite often between turns 4/5. I loved the Pyeongchang track. Pyeongchang, Konigsee, and Whistler are my favorite tracks. The worst tracks are Innsbruck, Altenberg, Calgary, Winterberg, and Sochi.

I think the area before the kreisel may be tricky, but it’s really hard to judge before seeing anyone run the track. I do fear Xiaohaituo will be an easy track based off the concept drawings, but I’m holding out hope for a fun challenge like Pyeongchang.

my favourite tracks are all those where German lugers don't win (or at least don't do it always)...:p

long live Sigulda! :cheer:

and those where the Italians normally do well...:lol:

Trebevic (Sarajevo), Lillehammer, Park City and Cesana forever in my heart! :champion:

:lol:

The Chinese athletes could have known every single detail of the track with closed eyes by now :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

24 minutes ago, NearPup said:

...I actually really like the industrial landscape.

It’s a good fit for the sport too. It’s a bit ugly in my opinion. I know that this was essentially an abandoned area of Beijing, and the organizers are trying to “spread the joy” (Plus, they didn’t evict thousands off their property for this stadium so...win/win). I like the factories in the background, but I would prefer a better view of the city in the foreground. Honestly they could make it very urban and modern in terms of setting if they were just willingly to knock down a few smokestacks and steel drums.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela