website statistics

Mediterranean Games 2018

bestmen

On 10/6/2018 at 10:52, dcro said:

Andorran delegation

Interestingly they have Claudia Guri Moreno (WCh athlete in athletics) competing in 3x3 basketball. Also, Kevin Esteve Rigail (alpine skiing Olympian) competing in golf. :d

Actually Claudia's story is "interesting"

She's a basket player turned athlete actually.

She played with Spain in an U17 World Championships before because she has double nacionality, but because she played with Andorra in the 2011 Eurobasket C U16, she's only eligable to the Spanish rooster as the "nacionalizated" spot, Because of Spain also having Astou Ndour at the same age, she wasn't going to international competitions so she switched to Andorra again.

So she's a pretty decent level basketball player actually

:ITA Italian Team - Men's Volleyball :ITA

Nicola Salsi (Club Italia)

Francesco Zoppellari (Ceramica Scarabeo Gcf Roma)

Edoardo Caneschi (Biosì Indexa Sora)

Gianluca Galassi (Revivre Milano)

Roberto Russo (Club Italia)

Marco Vitelli (Bunge Ravenna)

Oreste Cavuto (Diatec Trentino)

Sebastiano Milan (Cucine Lube Civitanova)

Marco Pierotti (Caloni Agnelli Bergamo)

Giulio Pinali (Azimut Modena)

Nicola Tiozzo (Ceramica Scarabeo Gcf Roma)

Domenico Cavaccini (BCC Castellana Grotte)

Matteo Chiappa (Diatec Trentino)

:ITA Italian Team - Men's Football :ITA

Luca Gemello (Torino)

Simone Ghidotti (Fiorentina)

Gabriele Bellodi (Milan)

Gabriele Corbo (Spezia)

Niccolò Corrado (Inter)

Gabriele Ferrarini (Fiorentina)

Emanuele Matteucci (Empoli)

Matteo Piccardo (Genoa)

Roberto Biancu (Olbia)

Lorenzo Gavioli (Inter)

Hans Nicolussi Caviglia (Juventus)

Marco Pompetti (Inter)

Manolo Portanova (Juventus)

Lorenzo Babbi (Cesena)

Davide Merola (Inter)

Samuele Mulattieri (Spezia)

Nicola Rauti (Torino)

Emanuel Vignato (Chievo Verona).

The Italian delegation by sport can be found here: http://www.tarragona2018.coni.it/it/discipline.html

There are 27 Olympic medallists: Basile and Giuffrida (judo), Galiazzo (archery), J. Rossi and Pellielo (shooting), Paltrinieri (swimming), Longo Borghini (cycling), Pizzo (fencing), Chamizo (wrestling), Battisti and Venier (rowing) and a lot of water polo players, both men and women, who were at Rio 2016.

It looks like a very serious delegation.

There's also a detailed calendar (in Italian) by date and sport: http://www.tarragona2018.coni.it/it/programma-gare.html

(I have no idea where to find a detailed calendar on the official site of the Games)

37 minuti fa, Dunadan ha scritto:

The Italian delegation by sport can be found here: http://www.tarragona2018.coni.it/it/discipline.html

There are 27 Olympic medallists: Basile and Giuffrida (judo), Galiazzo (archery), J. Rossi and Pellielo (shooting), Paltrinieri (swimming), Longo Borghini (cycling), Pizzo (fencing), Chamizo (wrestling), Battisti and Venier (rowing) and a lot of water polo players, both men and women, who were at Rio 2016.

It looks like a very serious delegation.

There's also a detailed calendar (in Italian) by date and sport: http://www.tarragona2018.coni.it/it/programma-gare.html

(I have no idea where to find a detailed calendar on the official site of the Games)

It's interessing that our NOC decided to take this seriusly.. i see a lot of big name, i don't know why :p Let's going to win the medal table

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

It's interessing that our NOC decided to take this seriusly.. i see a lot of big name, i don't know why :p Let's going to win the medal table

you  repeat that  again:mad:

i told you many times that italy participates with national team in all the editions

2 horas atrás, Gianlu33 disse:

Your rhythmic gymnasts are amazing. All three of them earned medals at the FIG World Cup series, which is something VERY hard to achieve for a gymnast who is not from Russia, Belarus, Ukraine or Bulgaria (and more recently Israel). 

Adesso, thiago_simoes ha scritto:

Your rhythmic gymnasts are amazing. All three of them earned medals at the FIG World Cup series, which is something VERY hard to achieve for a gymnast who is not from Russia, Belarus, Ukraine or Bulgaria (and more recently Israel). 

I agree and O think that we will try to win all gold medals... I don't know if we'll have finals to, they will be a boost for the medal table.