website statistics

Curling Mixed Doubles Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

7 hours ago, ACratone said:

I'll add my voice to the chorus of BOOOS to NBC for their terrible audio coverage of the curling matches.

The crowd noises, music, announcements from the stadium speakers, and the voices of the skippers are all very loud.

However the commentary is so quiet and soft that I cannot understand a single word. It is English which is my native language.  Its volume is low. Not a single world can I understand !

F--- is the richly deserved grade for the audio technicians of NBC: FAIL !!!!!!

Better than Australian TV as we didn't get any curling action for Day -2.

Day -1

Thursday February 8th, 2018 (h. 09:05 GMT+9)

Round-Robin Results #1

United States - Olympic Athletes from Russia  9-3

Canada - Norway  6-9

South Korea - Finland  9-4

China - Switzerland  5-7

Follow Full Results and Standings HERE

1 hour ago, Sports Lover said:

Was surprised that :RUS (yeah I'm calling them Russian) lost so easily against :USA.

Most people would probably call them Russian, because it's a whole lot easier to write 'they beat the Russians' than 'they beat the Olympic Athletes from Russia', while knowing that their nationality is Russian anyway :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh, and curling is supposed to start in a few minutes, but a bus carrying 7 of the 8 teams is delayed :facepalm:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Most people would probably call them Russian, because it's a whole lot easier to write 'they beat the Russians' than 'they beat the Olympic Athletes from Russia', while knowing that their nationality is Russian anyway :p 

No! You are supposed to call them Olympic Athletes from Russia, just like you are supposed to say People's Republic of China! :p

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

No! You are supposed to call them Olympic Athletes from Russia, just like you are supposed to say People's Republic of China! :p

Yeah and like you're supposed to say Former Yugoslavic Republic of Macedonia or Chinese Taipei or Democratic People's Republic of Korea, but no :p 

18 минут назад, heywoodu сказал:

Oh, and curling is supposed to start in a few minutes, but a bus carrying 7 of the 8 teams is delayed :facepalm:

I guess because of protests nearby, I was also late because of them. Mostly because it was interesting to watch