Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
De_Gambassi

Winter Olympic Games 2018 Uniforms

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

that's what scares me the most on it. That it´s the federation who ordered it :( I sincerely hope that no, because, our hockey don´t need another such slap...nowadays with all problems we had, at least the jerseys were something we could be still proud of it

Well we will all cheer for Slovakia and then they perform well which in the end matters much more than which jersey they wear :p 

In 2048 you'll tell your grandchildren about the time everyone was mad about the jersey until they won the gold in it and half of Slovakia was wearing it on the streets, in another of Grandpa HCKosice's Stories of Long Ago :old:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Of these three images, the first one definitely looks the best :p 

yeah, well...

a4mxYtgWR-TQ_k8gY9nxmA~Slovensko-supler-

it´s from 1994 when we had as a "newby" to play the "C" category (nowadays Division II) world championships, because only CZE was allowed as the succesor country of Czechoslovakia to play directly in top division, same as Russia from ex-USSR....you can imagine the feelings of ours and ex-sovietic teams like BLR, UKR, KAZ or LAT to be send so down and to imagine the feelings of all other nations which suddenly got these opponents in their lower divisions,

ofc at least we asked to host the tournament we won and the next year the same in "B" category

here the video about the 1994 C category world championships, some teams never saw so much spectators in a hockey match,some teams played for the first time in front of such atmosphere for example Bulgaria :p our first opponent (the match ended 20:0) you can see at 28:20 in the video

and the images after the last final win over Belarus from 51:20

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well we will all cheer for Slovakia and then they perform well which in the end matters much more than which jersey they wear :p 

In 2048 you'll tell your grandchildren about the time everyone was mad about the jersey until they won the gold in it and half of Slovakia was wearing it on the streets, in another of Grandpa HCKosice's Stories of Long Ago :old:

Thanks for the support :cheer:

I think some of those uniforms are actually pretty good - Slovenia, Switzerland, Sweden, Russia, Finland and Norway I really like. I have mixed feelings about Germany, the Czech Republic, South Korea and Canada. USA and Japan are meh, Slovakia's is just bad.

Can Nike not have the contract for Beijing please?

Edited by Nate River
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

:CZE Czech Republic :CZE

slesingr-kopie-.png

How fantastically creative :p 

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How fantastically creative :p 

It is, it has a reversible gold side. the outside is white as you can see but the indoor side of the jacket is gold, so each medalist will just switch it and will have this

Damska_perova_bunda_zlato

• Haha 1

Each medalist? You mean every athlete who wants an awesome jacket instead of a boring "everyone has this" kind of white jacket :d 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Each medalist? You mean every athlete who wants an awesome jacket instead of a boring "everyone has this" kind of white jacket :d 

Yep all medalists :)

and why boring ? what you have against this white jacket, I actually like it more than our kits.

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Yep all medalists :)

and why boring ? what you have against this white jacket, I actually like it more than our kits.

I don't have much against it, but it's so....uninspiring, simple, standard. Like, pay 20 euro and you can get exactly the same one in the shop apart from the Czech logo :p 

I always prefer uniforms that show the flags (at least the colours) much more prominent :p 

Well if I was a Czech athlete, I would turn it into the much more awesome gold side around 5 seconds after receiving the kit, medal or no medal :d 

Edited by heywoodu