website statistics

Triathlon Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

uk12points

33 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Madre de dios !!!! for everything on earth !!! please can anyone contact the person doing the qualified athletes in wikipedia and say him that Richard Varga is not SLOVENIAN !!!

Maybe it was a mistake. If Slovenia didn't exist I would also write Slovakia as SLO since it's intuitive.

14 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Maybe it was a mistake. If Slovenia didn't exist I would also write Slovakia as SLO since it's intuitive.

sorry but I don´t find that so intuitive at all... but yeah sure, for others it´s possible, since it´s not the first time we see this and...I know, not last time too

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

sorry but I don´t find that so intuitive at all... but yeah sure, for others it´s possible, since it´s not the first time we see this and...I know, not last time too

Considering most nations use the format of the first three letters of their name as their code I would say it's intuitive. One of the biggest reasons why a nation doesn't use their first three letters is because a different nation already has it.

There are two Dutch flags in the Olympic qualification list for women in the latest post by mrv86, but only one of them met the Dutch national standards. So that quota will be relocated.

23 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Oh come on, sports is the only reason why I know Slovakia is abbreviated "SVK", it makes no real sense otherwise :p 

But yeah, someone editing Wiki pages should have some familiarity with sports...dumb mistake :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Madre de dios !!!! for everything on earth !!! please can anyone contact the person doing the qualified athletes in wikipedia and say him that Richard Varga is not SLOVENIAN !!!

Slovenska Republika or something similar is the name of Slovakia in Slovak language. That's even more similar name to Slovenia than Slovakia. :d

#banbestmen

20 minutes ago, dcro said:

Slovenska Republika or something similar is the name of Slovakia in Slovak language. That's even more similar name to Slovenia than Slovakia. :d

that´s not the question ;) in Slovakia we all know what is "Slovensko" and what is "Slovinsko" ,

the problem is abroad... how they still can 23 years after!!! still confuse those 2 countries. you can not even imagine how it make me mad... but well, I will be a true gentle and will  stand polite and kind and forget this new assault to my nerves :d