Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sign in to follow this  
phelps

Men's Ice Hockey NHL 2017 - 2018

Recommended Posts

20th OT goal for Ovechkin last night, breaking the tie for most all-time with Jagr :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yep that's who I meant :p 

 

Rules for assists seem to be really weird though. Most of the times someone gets the assist even though he didn't even touch the puck in 10 seconds or something :p 

 

Well, to be honest, in Hockey to create the goal is often much more difficult than scoring. For example a lot of goals are scored by deflections, I can speak about many cases when even the scorers barely knew they did scored :d or just scoring in the empty net, so the assists are very important.

 

Maybe I would agree with dropping the credit for secondary assists, but again, it depend on different situations, in a goal scored by double deflections for example the most important and most valuable person in that was the first shooter so it´s normal to attribute him at least a point for secondary assist :d

 

here for example some memorable deflected goals in NHL

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF, Matt Duchene of the Colorado Avalanche got traded to the Ottawa Senators.....during last night's game, meaning he got off halfway through the first period and went on his way to Ottawa (who will play the Avs in their next two games) :rofl:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/matt-duchene-trade-strange-get-pulled-mid-game/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

WTF, Matt Duchene of the Colorado Avalanche got traded to the Ottawa Senators.....during last night's game, meaning he got off halfway through the first period and went on his way to Ottawa (who will play the Avs in their next two games) :rofl:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/matt-duchene-trade-strange-get-pulled-mid-game/

 

and it was a three way trade between Colorado, Ottawa and Nashville, something we not see so often these times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hckosice said:

 

and it was a three way trade between Colorado, Ottawa and Nashville, something we not see so often these times

Including a million players and draft picks and everything. Man, I'm trying to write something about this on a Dutch website (because come on, getting traded and leaving the team during the match, that's something :d ) but this is complicated to figure out :d 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Including a million players and draft picks and everything. Man, I'm trying to write something about this on a Dutch website (because come on, getting traded and leaving the team during the match, that's something :d ) but this is complicated to figure out :d 

 

Typical NHL business, showing at full face that hockey is for them only a business...

 

 

however here the trade in short

3 way trade Colorado - Nashville - Ottawa

Ottawa: Matt Duchene (from Colorado).
Colorado: Andrew Hammond, Shane Bowers,  1. round draft 2018 pick (Top 10 protected) and 3. round draft 2019 (from Ottawa) + Vladislav Kamenev and Samuel Girard (from Nashville).
Nashville: Kyle Turris (from Ottawa).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hckosice said:

 

Typical NHL business, showing at full face that hockey is for them only a business...

 

 

however here the trade in short

3 way trade Colorado - Nashville - Ottawa

Ottawa: Matt Duchene (from Colorado).
Colorado: Andrew Hammond, Shane Bowers,  1. round draft 2018 pick (Top 10 protected) and 3. round draft 2019 (from Ottawa) + Vladislav Kamenev and Samuel Girard (from Nashville).
Nashville: Kyle Turris (from Ottawa).

 

Plus a 2nd round 2018 draft pick from Nashville to Colorado :p 

Edited by heywoodu
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

 

Plus a 2nd round 2018 draft pick from Nashville to Colorado :p 

 

exact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Senators vs Avalanche in Stockholm is starting in a few minutes and the anthems are being sung by Janice...and her rather visible nipples, which makes me wonder when half of the American population will explode because 'OMG A NIPPLE!' :d 

 

 

DOSy-lOXcAA5TdX.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×