website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey NHL 2017 - 2018

phelps

1 hour ago, Agger said:

Good game by Eller with 3 pts :)

Though I'm not much fan of any of the teams, I would love to see a Danish Stanley Cup winner!

I have the same reason as you do, when comes to watching NHL :d I just wanna see a finn winning the cup. But this time i want to see the best active Russian player to lift the cup. Go ovie ;) 

1 minute ago, Finnator123 said:

I have the same reason as you do, when comes to watching NHL :d I just wanna see a finn winning the cup. But this time i want to see the best active Russian player to lift the cup. Go ovie ;) 

Personally I'm mainly cheering for the Red Wings, but without them I do indeed like to see Danish succes. Would have been amazing with Jets vs. Caps!

3 ore fa, Finnator123 ha scritto:

I think that here in Europe, at least 98% of the fans would love to see Ovi lift the Cup...

personally, I've always said that if "my" LA Kings can't win, my choice is and always will be Ovi's team (wherever he ends up playing)...

meanwhile normally I don't care about Italian players if and when they don't wear our Blue Team jersey, even if this time we have the only Italian-born in the history of the NHL* playing for Las Vegas...

*Luca Sbisa, in fact, despite playing normally for the Swiss National team, was born in Italy (in Ozieri, Sardinia, to be precise)...then his family went to work in SUI (in Zug), where he became a hockey player and at the age of 17 he did fly to North America to play his hockey, first in the WHL (Western Hockey League), then in the NHL (he played his first NHL games with the Philadelphia Flyers when he was only 18 years young)...

Stanley Cup Game 3

WASHINGTON CAPITALS - VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS  3:1 (0:0, 2:0, 1:1)

Goals: 22. Ovechkin (Carlson, Kuznetsov) 1:0, 33. Kuznetsov (Beagle, Oshie) 2:0, 54. Smith-Pelly (Beagle) 3:1 - 44. Nosek (Bellemare) 2:1.

Officials: McCauley, Joannette – MacPherson, J. Murray

Penalties: 2:4 for 2 min, Power-Play Goals: 0:0, Shorthanded Goals: 0:0, 18.506 Attendance.

Washington: Holtby – Niskanen, Orlov, Carlson, Kempný, Djoos, Orpik – Wilson, Kuznetsov, Ovechkin – Oshie, Bäckström, Vrána – Connolly, Eller, Burakovsky – Smith-Pelly, Beagle, Stephenson

Vegas: Fleury – Schmidt, McNabb, Engelland, Theodore, Miller, Sbisa – Smith, Karlsson, Marchessault – Neal, Haula, Perron – Tuch, Eakin, Carpenter - Reaves, Bellemare, Nosek

/series standing: 2:1/

Russian power at its finest...

Ovi and Kutz dominated the game from start to finish and, despite Holtby's silly mistake, Vegas couldn't do anything to stop the red & blue machine from the US Capital...

now WSH are only 2 wins away from the dreamy end of this season...

go Ovi, go Caps! :bounce:

Beside the NHL Stanley Cup Finals, also the "second tier" league of North American Hockey has its final series underway...

The first couple of games of the AHL Calder Cup Finals (best-of-7, as usual), in fact, have been played last Saturday and Sunday in Toronto...

in game #1, the home team, the Toronto Marlies (Toronto Maple Leafs' farm team) defeated the Texas Stars (Dallas Stars' farm team) by a score of 6-5 in a quite messy game, with a crazy 3rd period...

yesterday, in game #2, both teams played definitely better and a more "traditional" hockey game, but this time were the Texas Stars to come home with the victory (2-1 the final score in favor of the Texans)...

now the series heads back to Texas for the next 3 games...and game #3 is scheduled for Tuesday night (8 p.m. ET, 2 a.m. CET)...

all you need to know about the AHL and the Calder Cup here:

https://theahl.com/

Stanley Cup Game 4

WASHINGTON CAPITALS - VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS  6:2 (3:0, 1:0, 2:2)

Goals: 10. Oshie (Kuznetsov, Bäckström) 1:0, 17. T. Wilson (Kuznetsov) 2:0, 20. Smith-Pelly (Niskanen, Ovechkin) 3:0, 36. J. Carlson (Kuznetsov, Oshie) 4:0, 54. Kempný (Bäckström, Oshie) 5:2, 59. Connolly (Bäckström, Kuznetsov) 6:2 - 46. Neal (Haula, C. Miller) 4:1, 53. R. Smith (Marchessault, Sbisa) 4:2.

Officials: Sutherland, Rooney - Devorski, Amell

Penalties: 5:6 for 2 min and Oshie - Engelland, Reaves all for 10 min (Misconduct), Power-Play Goals: 3:0, Shorthanded Goals: 0:0, 18.506 Attendance.

Washington: Holtby - J. Carlson, Kempný, Niskanen, Orlov, Djoos, Orpik - T. Wilson, Kuznetsov, Ovechkin - Oshie, Bäckström, Vrána - Connolly, Eller, Burakovsky - Smith-Pelly, Beagle, Stephenson

Vegas: Fleury - Schmidt, McNabb, S. Theodore, Engelland, Sbisa, C. Miller - R. Smith, W. Karlsson, Marchessault - Tuch, Haula, Neal - Carpenter, Eakin, Tatar - Reaves, Bellemare, Nosek

/series standing: 3:1/

the series is heading back to Vegas, but the Cup is definitely heading to Washington...

last night, despite a stormy start by the Golden Knights, it  soone became a one-team show, with the Caps taking a comfortable lead quite early and dominating avery aspect of the game...

then they fell asleep for a while mid 3rd period and Vegas shortened the distance to -2, but WSH quickly regained their focus and newly increased their margin, with Vegas that tried to play dirty in the final minutes, but the Caps didn't bite on the hook and easily took the victory home avoiding any major problem...

game #5 is scheduled for Thursday night (8.20 p.m. ET, 2.20 a.m. CET)...and I expect a jump start and some rough play from the Golden Knights...but I hope the Caps would be ready for that and finally lift the Cup...