bestmen

Groups for FIFA Men's U17 world championships in India, beginning October 6th:

Group A: India, USA, Colombia, Ghana

Group B: Paraguay, Mali, New Zealand, Turkey

Group C: Iran, Costa Rica, Germany, Guinea

Group D: North Korea, Brazil, Spain, Niger

Group E: Honduras, Japan, France, NEW CALEDONIA

Group F: Chile, England, Iraq, Mexico

Surprising that Argentina and Nigeria didnt qualify, Italy and Portugal are two other big nations that are missing.

In the semifinals we should have:

Brazil/Spain vs. England

USA/Colombia/Ghana vs. Germany/France

Very "weird" draw, the winner of group A doesnt have to face any other group winner until the semifinal, while probably only one out of Germany/France will be able to reach the semifinal (if they win their groups).

In my opinion the title should be between England, Brazil, France and maybe Spain, but with all the age cheating in african nations, you never know ...

Germany is missing many top players, like Christian Früchtl (second goalkeeper for Bayern München, after Neuer got injured, biggest goalkeeper talent Germany produced in a very long time), Youssoufa Moukoko (only 12 years old, but arguably the best player in the german U17 league), Franck Evina (doenst have the german passport yet), Manuel Mbom (injured, best german defensive midfield talent, described as new Yaya Toure), Oliver Batista-Meier (best german talent in the offensive midfield, but still U16 and DFB basically never nominates younger players ... ). So basically the 5 biggest talents are missing. There are 4 or 5 other talents who should have been nominated (according to most people who follow the german U17 Bundesliga), but werent nominated for one reason or the other, for example Jesaja Herrmann, Marcel Zylla or David Philipp.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 54 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

In the semifinals we should have:

Brazil/Spain vs. England

USA/Colombia/Ghana vs. Germany/France

Very "weird" draw, the winner of group A doesnt have to face any other group winner until the semifinal, while probably only one out of Germany/France will be able to reach the semifinal (if they win their groups).

In my opinion the title should be between England, Brazil, France and maybe Spain, but with all the age cheating in african nations, you never know ....

Not only because of african nations, U17 is a coin toss for all continents. Semifinals could be Guinea-Iraq and Paraguay-Costa Rica and I wouldn't be surprised.

vor 36 Minuten schrieb LDOG:

Not only because of african nations, U17 is a coin toss for all continents. Semifinals could be Guinea-Iraq and Paraguay-Costa Rica and I wouldn't be surprised.

And that is because european nations normally dont compete with their best teams + african age cheating. England is really strong this time, its hard to not see them winning the whole thing, probably only France or Brazil can stop them. I got used to never see Germany competing with the best team at junior tournaments, but this time its even more annoying, because i really would have liked to see 12 year old Youssoufa Moukoko play against the best international talents, i think he could have shocked the world, considering his performances at german U17 level. Mbom, Batista-Meier, Früchtl and Evina are also very special talents, overall this age group is the best since the "1996 age group" (Brandt, Dahoud, Tah, Werner) in my opinion.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 3 weeks later...

FIFA U17 World Cup

'78 :CHI 0-3 :ENG Chile made all 3 subs already

Sancho breaks, Borquez runs out of his box and smashes him

Red Card

Provoste has to go in goal

Angel Gomes scores the fk anyway

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold