website statistics

Auto Racing Discussion Thread

vlad

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Max Verstappen will replace Daniil Kvyat at Red Bull with immediate effect :d

Obviously huge news here in the Netherlands, but personally I'm not just happy with it. The time of being incredibly excited with a 4th or 5th place is already over now...every time he doesn't finish on the podium, it's like "well it could have been better...".

For Italian television Kvyat was resend to Toro Rosso for the Vettel's accident and they must send to Red Bull Verstappen (If I understand correctly)

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

For Italian television Kvyat was resend to Toro Rosso for the Vettel's accident and they must send to Red Bull Verstappen (If I understand correctly)

I don't think it's just the thing with Vettel, because it would be too much to replace a rider for one mistake. It's probably more because of Kvyat being pretty "up and down" ever since he came in F1 --> Good races, but also (too) many bad races and mistakes.

Now we know Ricciardo is better than Kvyat and Verstappen is slightly better than Sainz. The next thing is Ricciardo vs Verstappen (next year, because of course Verstappen first has to get used to a new car) and Kvyat vs Sainz. If Sainz loses, his F1-career is probably not going well because then he lost against someone who was rejected by RBR. If Kvyat loses, his career is probably over, because then he lost against an "inexperienced" driver. 

The only one who is comfortable now is Verstappen, because if he loses against Ricciardo this season it's normal, but if Ricciardo loses against Verstappen, Ricciardo has a problem :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Epic qualifying for Verstappen yesterday :bowdown:

It's so awesome to have a driver who is 1. seriously talented and 2. in a seriously competitive car for the first time in history! And it's really awesome to "feel" the vibe here of everyone really looking forward for today's race, I've never ever felt that before. Normally he should finish 4th if there are no weird things happening, but who knows...a historic podium might be possible..(the only Dutch driver who ever got on the podium was his father Jos, twice...well, once he got on the podium and another time he got 3rd because someone was DQ'ed afterwards, although J Verstappen didn't physically get on the podium there). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

40 minutes and a bit to go :d 

Only 30 minutes....nervous nervous nervous :bounce:

Mercedes kick each other out of the race :d 

Oh man 

I have never, ever been so nervous during a Grand Prix...holy shit...could it really happen?!

Fucking unbelievable.

The literal (English) words of our Dutch commentator

I have no words